Talk

Advanced search

Blogging

(3 Posts)
Satansgourd Thu 07-Mar-19 17:12:27

So, I’m thinking of starting a blog. Not to make millions, but to shift my single focus from work. But - gah - I don’t know how to write! I’d love to do an online course but don’t know where to start!

AIBU to ask you for recommendations?

Bezalelle Thu 07-Mar-19 20:58:27

I think if you don't have a clear idea, it's best not to start one!

Ourmaud Thu 07-Mar-19 21:29:59

I do blog and I tend to use it to document my life and feelings as well as to air political or social views that my rl friends wouldn’t be interested in debating. I started as a coping mechanism when in the midst of pnd and kept it up. My following grew slowly, it’s still not huge but I’m not a huge self promoter. I don’t earn anything from it, I occasionally get a promotional freebie and I make it clear in the post beforehand but that’s few and far between. Mostly I use it to diarise my life and feelings as I don’t have a huge circle of friends and I appreciate the interactions with people outside my normal sphere of life. I also vent and like to have the odd bitch about mum life or my husband or those twats who park in the parent and child spaces at Asda with no children in tow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: