Talk

Advanced search

To be really creeped out by my cat?

(90 Posts)
Tobythecat Thu 07-Mar-19 13:24:47

He pissed in the bath and 'buried' it down the plughole. WTF?!

Other weird things he does-

Magically appears everywhere like a stalker
Stares at me intently whilst im in the bath
Jumps off the bedroom furniture as hard as he can whilst im in bed to make a THUMP noise because its 5am and he wants breakfast
Refuses to eat sardines ever since i hid some worming tablets in them
Waits by the patio door to be let in- as soon as i open it he runs off
Loves sunflower oil (caught him licking the frying pan when i was making some pancakes)
He also buries his food bowl with my dirty laundry next to the washing machine.

Why do i have such a weird fucking cat?!

itsbritneybiatches Thu 07-Mar-19 18:02:30

That it goes the pub! smilegrin

YesQueen Thu 07-Mar-19 18:08:53

Mine is obsessed with jacket potato and pork scratchings
Licks my nose
Sneezes when annoyed (usually in my face)
Won't eat until cuddles
Waits until I'm dressed then jumps on the bed for a goodbye cuddle hmm
Says mama
Does sit and paw for food

AlpacaPicnic Thu 07-Mar-19 18:14:35

Walks into the shower when I get out and licks up the water on the floor.

He has a dish of cooled boiled water in the kitchen, away from his food, (as per instructions!) but mmm, yummy soapy dirty water!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 07-Mar-19 18:18:13

Cheddar wakes me up slobbering on my face, does the stinkiest poo ever and has a real issue with me going in the Bath or shower. She puts her paws on the side of the bath and yowls piteously.

Miljah Thu 07-Mar-19 18:18:53

I don't believe a word of anything anyone's put on here.

Unless you show us a picture of said cat/s.

grin

EerieSilence Thu 07-Mar-19 18:31:01

They’re little psychopaths and complete arseholes.
I don’t know why people love them so much.

EerieSilence Thu 07-Mar-19 18:33:20

Psycho nr. 1 and psycho nr. 2

itsbritneybiatches Thu 07-Mar-19 18:33:51

Because when they come over for a cuddle and they've just been fed it's purely because they love you 😍

ForalltheSaints Thu 07-Mar-19 18:37:58

The cat that lives in your house seems normal to me. Especially the reaction to medication being put in their food. My grandmother used to have a friend come round for a cuppa once a week and hold the cat so it could be given a tablet, and after a few weeks the cat would see the friend's car arrive and go and hide!

MooseBeTimeForSnow Thu 07-Mar-19 18:38:39

My mother had a naturally miserable disposition. Her withering looks could kill. I think she’s been reincarnated as my cat.

EerieSilence Thu 07-Mar-19 18:39:37

- they will scratch the door and miaow pitfully when you decide some moments between you and your DH require some intimacy because you dared to lock them out
- will chew on your ipad when you read a book instead of cuddling them for hours
- can’t decide whether to go in or stay outside while you’re standing in the open door getting sprayed by freezing rain
- freak out they can see the bottom of their dish and bully you into getting up and feed them at 4AM
- wee into your boots because you didn’t clean their loo IMMEDIATELY while you’re cleaning said loo

TooManyPaws Thu 07-Mar-19 18:50:37

One of mine often joins the dogs on walks and gets very upset when he rolls over in the middle of the road and they don't sniff his floofy tummy. Nutter. He used to do the same with my previous dogs and also pee on top of the male dog's pee to mix it up. Weirdo.

thecatsthecats Thu 07-Mar-19 19:46:42

My cats like to sleep on my boobs, under my chin. The current inhabitant likes to tuck his paws inside my top.

MarieIVanArkleStinks Thu 07-Mar-19 19:52:13

All sounds pretty typical cat behaviour to me, especially the stalking and bath-staring!

The bath plughole incident and burying the food bowl in the dirty laundry are admittedly slightly odd (and I couldn't not laugh, sorry)! But sometimes when male cats start peeing in odd places and this behaviour is new, it can be the sign of a urinary tract infection. Probably worth having him checked out if this is the case.

Cats are weird. That's precisely why I love them!

ElfrideSwancourt Thu 07-Mar-19 19:52:55

I've had an upset tummy this week, and of course the only place my cats want to sleep is on my queasy abdomen 🤢

BanginChoons Thu 07-Mar-19 19:55:42

Mine does the peeing in the bath thing too, but only when it snows because he point blank refuses to go outside.
He also goes out of the cat flap (on the kitchen door) straight to the kitchen window and meows at me to open the window and let him back in. His version of a human-training session.

HouseOfMouse Thu 07-Mar-19 20:00:25

This all sounds like typical cat behaviour to me! p.s. Easypill cat putty is good if you have problems getting tablets into them.

AlpacaPicnic Thu 07-Mar-19 20:06:27

Moose, that is one majestic Floof!

Here's Matthew, my little shower monster smile

soundsgreektome Thu 07-Mar-19 20:09:58

Mine demands to be fed. At the dining table.

awesmum Thu 07-Mar-19 20:10:22

Mine are 'Thunder cats' and run up and downstairs fighting at 5am they sound like elephants the noise they make. One lays on the floor on her side and pulls herself around the furniture/stairs/ carpet laying down as fast as she can. One actually fetches a toy blue whale if you throw it. He also forgets how to use the cat flap 🤦🏼‍♀️ and sits howling at it and scratching it!

Decormad38 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:11:20

When we take our dog for a walk we have to run down the hill to get away from the cat because he always wants to come on the walk.

awesmum Thu 07-Mar-19 20:14:59

Watching me cook

wheresmymojo Thu 07-Mar-19 20:18:54

Mine does this when he hears a noise he's not sure about...

TanquerayTickles Thu 07-Mar-19 20:34:16

Perfectly normal cat behaviour, unless the peeing thing is new, if so do get that checked out.

Mabel is a diva and pretty much mostly ignores us until we go to bed, then she starts crying the house down until we call her up at which point she pelts up the stairs at 90mph and leaps on the bed. Then there's the 3am crazies and scratching, after that it's back to ignoring us and sleeping for 17 hours.

I kind of love that she has so much disdain for us grin

user1473878824 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:42:17

@Toddlerteaplease CHEDDAR 😭😭😭😭😍

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »