Talk

Advanced search

To be really creeped out by my cat?

(90 Posts)
Tobythecat Thu 07-Mar-19 13:24:47

He pissed in the bath and 'buried' it down the plughole. WTF?!

Other weird things he does-

Magically appears everywhere like a stalker
Stares at me intently whilst im in the bath
Jumps off the bedroom furniture as hard as he can whilst im in bed to make a THUMP noise because its 5am and he wants breakfast
Refuses to eat sardines ever since i hid some worming tablets in them
Waits by the patio door to be let in- as soon as i open it he runs off
Loves sunflower oil (caught him licking the frying pan when i was making some pancakes)
He also buries his food bowl with my dirty laundry next to the washing machine.

Why do i have such a weird fucking cat?!

Espressomartin Thu 07-Mar-19 13:26:08

Difficult to say without seeing a photo of him smile

downcasteyes Thu 07-Mar-19 13:29:58

YABU this thread requires multiple images

Aquamarine1029 Thu 07-Mar-19 13:30:11

Sounds like a normal cat to me. One of mine digs out socks from any where and everywhere, then carries them in her mouth around the house until she finds the perfect place to leave her treasure. All the while meowing loudly, btw. Almost every day we wake up to a trail of socks all over the house.

LittleKitty1985 Thu 07-Mar-19 13:31:05

My cat also pees in the bath. Easiest clean-up ever!

BananasAreTheSourceOfEvil Thu 07-Mar-19 13:32:19

He’s secretly plotting to kill you?

Cats can be sneaky...

Easterbunnyiscomingsoon Thu 07-Mar-19 13:33:33

My dcat steals vegetables off plates.

itsbritneybiatches Thu 07-Mar-19 13:34:23

Mine both wake me up by getting as close to my face they can and breathing on me.
I wake up nose to nose with one of them every morning. It unnerves me.

MoistMolly Thu 07-Mar-19 13:34:58

If this is new behaviour, it could indicate a health problem. May be best to get checked out at the vets.

Oh, and the easiest way I've found to give cats tablets is to crush the tablet between two teaspoons and then sprinkle onto a very small amount of fresh chicken (raw or cooked).

JenniferJareau Thu 07-Mar-19 13:38:30

Jumps off the bedroom furniture as hard as he can whilst I'm in bed to make a THUMP noise because its 5am and he wants breakfast

One of my previous cats used to run across the bedroom floor (I assume to pick up momentum) then launch himself at me and land on my chest with a thump. Felt like a bag of potatoes had been dropped on my chest. It worked though, it woke me up so he could be fed.

Espressomartin Thu 07-Mar-19 13:38:43

Molly is it ok to give cats raw chicken then? Mine comes pegging it to the kitchen when she gets the scent of me prepping raw chicken but I’ve never given her any

GemmaXOX Thu 07-Mar-19 13:38:55

< Those are mine!

Weirdest Pair ever.

Can't have a wee without one of them demanding to sit on my lap.
They are terrified of Spiders and Flys! (literally shake with fear)

they work as a team with the little one (beanie - as in beanie baby) standing on Bobo's (the Tabby) back to open doors / the fridge / washing baskets! Child locks are only in my house because of this!

Weirdest part - I swear I lock them downstairs at night and I can wake up in the morning with one looking down at me on my bed with the door still shut! (MAGIC)

GemmaXOX Thu 07-Mar-19 13:42:39

Forgot the pic

Amfeelingfline Thu 07-Mar-19 13:49:55

Ours follows us to school and waits for us all day, if we get a lift, I’ll have to go and get him wherever he stopped in the morning, as he won’t come home on his own and answers to whistling only. He turns his back on us if we call his namr( not sure he likes his name much)... never had a cat so to me absolutely normal behaviour 😂

SnowyAlpsandPeaks Thu 07-Mar-19 13:50:55

Stayed at dp’s a while ago. He has 2 cats. I was the last person to go upstairs in the night, and shut the cats in the kitchen as always, and dp on the stairs said ‘have you shut the hallway door properly, I checked it and it was shut tight.

Following morning woke to something nuzzling my hand, half as sleep I nuzzled his said and said ‘shhhh’, me and the cat went back to sleep spooning🤣 I woke with dp peering over my shoulder saying ‘how the hell did he get in here?’ As me and cat just both turned our heads to look at him.

Dp went downstairs to make coffee to find all doors still shut. It’s happened several times and we are all 🤷🏻‍♀️ As to how it happens. Magic.

Kismetjayn Thu 07-Mar-19 13:54:08

Mine falls off window sills/ other small balancey places if you give her a funny look

She also runs into things a lot

Sniffs your face then violently sneezes on you

Looks like a gremlin

Weird cat.

Tobythecat Thu 07-Mar-19 17:15:59

Glad its not just my cat grin

Gemma They are adorable!

Haffiana Thu 07-Mar-19 17:26:04

YY to raw chicken btw. My cat is raw fed, and breakfast has always been a few whole day old chicks.

When you think about it, cats in their natural state don't cook.

ScreamingValenta Thu 07-Mar-19 17:28:44

I found my new cat drinking out of the loo the other day envy

There are three water bowls in the house which are changed daily!

BaeBae Thu 07-Mar-19 17:36:47

My cat, who is neutered, keeps trying to mount my arm and do the deed. He bites my wrist at the same time! 😯

steppemum Thu 07-Mar-19 17:37:04

mine is like a pet elephant, we were sitting drinking tea in the kitchen the other day (me and my mum) when there was an almighty thud on the ceiling. Mum stops with cup half way to mouth - what on earth????

Just the cat jumping off the windowsill.

Swedetalker Thu 07-Mar-19 17:38:23

Mine starts fights with local cats, lures them back to our garden so our dog will scare them off again. He's the worst kind of bully.

WTFIsAGleepglorp Thu 07-Mar-19 17:38:47

Well, if you are going to bath in his toilet.....

itsbritneybiatches Thu 07-Mar-19 17:40:24

We have a big grey cat that comes to our house and calls mine by meowing through the cat flap.

They hate him. They hiss at him and he sits there all placid and lies down and shows them his belly. I think he just wants to be friends but they are scared of him I think

AspasiaLunata Thu 07-Mar-19 17:59:52

Sounds like a regular cat to me.
Mine deliberately walks infront of me to try and trip me up, will sit on one cushion only, drinks my tea, sits on my laptop, knocks over glasses of sparkling wine, drinks from vases and follows me to the pub a mile away. Go figure

itsbritneybiatches Thu 07-Mar-19 18:02:30

That it goes the pub! smilegrin

YesQueen Thu 07-Mar-19 18:08:53

Mine is obsessed with jacket potato and pork scratchings
Licks my nose
Sneezes when annoyed (usually in my face)
Won't eat until cuddles
Waits until I'm dressed then jumps on the bed for a goodbye cuddle hmm
Says mama
Does sit and paw for food

AlpacaPicnic Thu 07-Mar-19 18:14:35

Walks into the shower when I get out and licks up the water on the floor.

He has a dish of cooled boiled water in the kitchen, away from his food, (as per instructions!) but mmm, yummy soapy dirty water!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 07-Mar-19 18:18:13

Cheddar wakes me up slobbering on my face, does the stinkiest poo ever and has a real issue with me going in the Bath or shower. She puts her paws on the side of the bath and yowls piteously.

Miljah Thu 07-Mar-19 18:18:53

I don't believe a word of anything anyone's put on here.

Unless you show us a picture of said cat/s.

grin

EerieSilence Thu 07-Mar-19 18:31:01

They’re little psychopaths and complete arseholes.
I don’t know why people love them so much.

EerieSilence Thu 07-Mar-19 18:33:20

Psycho nr. 1 and psycho nr. 2

itsbritneybiatches Thu 07-Mar-19 18:33:51

Because when they come over for a cuddle and they've just been fed it's purely because they love you 😍

ForalltheSaints Thu 07-Mar-19 18:37:58

The cat that lives in your house seems normal to me. Especially the reaction to medication being put in their food. My grandmother used to have a friend come round for a cuppa once a week and hold the cat so it could be given a tablet, and after a few weeks the cat would see the friend's car arrive and go and hide!

MooseBeTimeForSnow Thu 07-Mar-19 18:38:39

My mother had a naturally miserable disposition. Her withering looks could kill. I think she’s been reincarnated as my cat.

EerieSilence Thu 07-Mar-19 18:39:37

- they will scratch the door and miaow pitfully when you decide some moments between you and your DH require some intimacy because you dared to lock them out
- will chew on your ipad when you read a book instead of cuddling them for hours
- can’t decide whether to go in or stay outside while you’re standing in the open door getting sprayed by freezing rain
- freak out they can see the bottom of their dish and bully you into getting up and feed them at 4AM
- wee into your boots because you didn’t clean their loo IMMEDIATELY while you’re cleaning said loo

TooManyPaws Thu 07-Mar-19 18:50:37

One of mine often joins the dogs on walks and gets very upset when he rolls over in the middle of the road and they don't sniff his floofy tummy. Nutter. He used to do the same with my previous dogs and also pee on top of the male dog's pee to mix it up. Weirdo.

thecatsthecats Thu 07-Mar-19 19:46:42

My cats like to sleep on my boobs, under my chin. The current inhabitant likes to tuck his paws inside my top.

MarieIVanArkleStinks Thu 07-Mar-19 19:52:13

All sounds pretty typical cat behaviour to me, especially the stalking and bath-staring!

The bath plughole incident and burying the food bowl in the dirty laundry are admittedly slightly odd (and I couldn't not laugh, sorry)! But sometimes when male cats start peeing in odd places and this behaviour is new, it can be the sign of a urinary tract infection. Probably worth having him checked out if this is the case.

Cats are weird. That's precisely why I love them!

ElfrideSwancourt Thu 07-Mar-19 19:52:55

I've had an upset tummy this week, and of course the only place my cats want to sleep is on my queasy abdomen 🤢

BanginChoons Thu 07-Mar-19 19:55:42

Mine does the peeing in the bath thing too, but only when it snows because he point blank refuses to go outside.
He also goes out of the cat flap (on the kitchen door) straight to the kitchen window and meows at me to open the window and let him back in. His version of a human-training session.

HouseOfMouse Thu 07-Mar-19 20:00:25

This all sounds like typical cat behaviour to me! p.s. Easypill cat putty is good if you have problems getting tablets into them.

AlpacaPicnic Thu 07-Mar-19 20:06:27

Moose, that is one majestic Floof!

Here's Matthew, my little shower monster smile

soundsgreektome Thu 07-Mar-19 20:09:58

Mine demands to be fed. At the dining table.

awesmum Thu 07-Mar-19 20:10:22

Mine are 'Thunder cats' and run up and downstairs fighting at 5am they sound like elephants the noise they make. One lays on the floor on her side and pulls herself around the furniture/stairs/ carpet laying down as fast as she can. One actually fetches a toy blue whale if you throw it. He also forgets how to use the cat flap 🤦🏼‍♀️ and sits howling at it and scratching it!

Decormad38 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:11:20

When we take our dog for a walk we have to run down the hill to get away from the cat because he always wants to come on the walk.

awesmum Thu 07-Mar-19 20:14:59

Watching me cook

wheresmymojo Thu 07-Mar-19 20:18:54

Mine does this when he hears a noise he's not sure about...

TanquerayTickles Thu 07-Mar-19 20:34:16

Perfectly normal cat behaviour, unless the peeing thing is new, if so do get that checked out.

Mabel is a diva and pretty much mostly ignores us until we go to bed, then she starts crying the house down until we call her up at which point she pelts up the stairs at 90mph and leaps on the bed. Then there's the 3am crazies and scratching, after that it's back to ignoring us and sleeping for 17 hours.

I kind of love that she has so much disdain for us grin

user1473878824 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:42:17

@Toddlerteaplease CHEDDAR 😭😭😭😭😍

BabyBlackCat Thu 07-Mar-19 20:50:13

I strongly suggest you read this book OP, some of that behaviour sounds like real red flag material to me grin

MaeBug Thu 07-Mar-19 21:02:41

My cat has a thing for cotton buds, he opens the bathroom bin and steals away with his treasure. I've tried to follow him, to see where he puts them, but have never been successful. That's going to be a weird discovery when his collection is un earthed confused

BooseysMom Thu 07-Mar-19 21:14:20

@MooseBeTimeForSnow.. that's hilarious. That face! Reminds me of my dear late Mother too! grin

zigzagbetty Thu 07-Mar-19 21:14:22

Ours is like putty in my dd's hands. They often sit snuggled up and once when she was little he snuck onto the shopping tray of the pram when we went to the shops! When I realised I was in a busy high street but he just stayed on the tray and enjoyed the ride grin

tinkywinky777 Thu 07-Mar-19 21:29:30

One of mine stares at me every bath time and sometimes tries to get in and sit on my chest. He also always sits on my feet if I'm on the toilet.

My other one (who is actually quite old) is able to launch himself at closed doors inside the house, to the extent that he can open them. He also begs like a dog for food, drinks out of any cup he finds and loves laying flat out on his back with his legs splayed.

Strange creaturs.

Espressomartin Thu 07-Mar-19 21:33:51

Aren’t cats smashing eh ❤️

ideasofmarch Thu 07-Mar-19 21:36:20

That almighty elephantine THUD noise you hear when a cat jumps off the furniture upstairs...

In our house we call it the CatBonk, and we take it as a sign that they have snoozed for long enough and are now feeling peckish.

MotorcycleMayhem Thu 07-Mar-19 21:37:42

Will have full conversations with you
Still hisses at the dog after 2 years
Tries to batter ten bells out of any unsuspecting cats that enters our garden (she's an indoor cat) and is a dirty dirty fighter
Gives epic dirty looks
Everyone says she should be cast in a Bond film
Is a total princess
Only weighs 3kg

Sunkist12 Thu 07-Mar-19 21:42:23

Mine drinks water out of the sink, even though he has fresh water in his bowl.
He gets lost all time, and I have to walk him back home if he ventures a little too far than normal
I believe he thinks he's dog, he walks along side of me during the school run every day
Waits in a bush once he gets to the road and pops back out and follows back home on the way back.
Oh, he's also a food snob, loves Sheeba, gourmet, but turns his nose up at aldi

Practicallyperfectwithprosecco Thu 07-Mar-19 21:47:29

My cat kills toilet rolls and tissues and wrapping paper and the post! I come home every day to shredded paper 2 teenagers are oblivious to the mess and step over it but she is proud of herself keeping us safe from all these dangers in the house

Practicallyperfectwithprosecco Thu 07-Mar-19 21:55:22

The tissue killing cat

Mrbay Thu 07-Mar-19 22:36:12

Our yard cat loves to ride on the back on my horse! He's the most cuddley feral cat I've ever met.
My older cat at home, does the staring at you whilst you sleep, I mean a few inches away from your face. Always freaks guests out!

Threeminis Thu 07-Mar-19 22:52:18

@MooseBeTimeForSnow
She is beautiful! So elegant

MooseBeTimeForSnow Thu 07-Mar-19 22:56:21

Thanks all. She’s a Siberian.

Newadventure Thu 07-Mar-19 22:56:58

Exs cat only comes to you when called via tambourine.

FetchezLaVache Thu 07-Mar-19 23:00:47

@wheresmymojo that's because he's a mere cat!

I'll get me coat.

SammySamSam09 Thu 07-Mar-19 23:02:02

My cat sits next to me at the table and eats her dinner with the rest of the family...oh no wait you said weird cats not weird owners..oops

HerRoyalFattyness Thu 07-Mar-19 23:17:22

Mine hugs my feet...
He also gives high 5 and can open doors.
He knows where we keep the treats and steals them all before his older brother can get any and will headbutt anyone who isn't showing him enough attention.

Gomyownway Thu 07-Mar-19 23:23:18

Mine magically appears everywhere and does the patio thing.

She doesn’t just stare whilst I’m in the bath, but stands on the edge and walks round me, staring at me the entire time.

When she wants breakfast in the morning she will knock literally everything off my Bedside table before batting me on the nose over and over

She loves to sit on plastic bags, and will lick them over and over.

Cats are weird. That’s why I love them.

Everydayimhuffling Fri 08-Mar-19 00:44:37

Mine bangs on the door where she is shut downstairs to let me know it's breakfast time - at 5 am. She's shut downstairs because otherwise she wakes me up by putting a paw on my face and slowly, gradually, extending her claws into me. She also loves towels and will demand that anyone getting out the shower pick her up so she can sit in their towelled lap and be stroked. I do love the tiny weirdo!

Myfoolishboatisleaning Fri 08-Mar-19 00:54:07

My cat is a massive twat and does most of the things on this thread. Pissing in the bath is one of his more normal behaviours. Twat.

Purpleartichoke Fri 08-Mar-19 06:02:33

Mine steals baths. If you are filling the tub, the door must be shut firmly or you will return to a cat luxuriating in your bath water.

She also steals food constantly and has been known to jump up and take bites out of food we are actively biting. Her favorite things to steal are sticks of butter and lollipops.

JenniferJareau Fri 08-Mar-19 06:42:24

Here are my two.

LegitimateShite Fri 08-Mar-19 06:46:51

I read this thread yesterday, had a laugh about how fucking psycopathic cats are, then thought no more of it.

Put the cats to bed last night (they were definitely all where they were supposed to be; I give them all dreamies before I go upstairs)...then was woken up at 5.30 by a soft little fuzzy face nudging my hand. HOW? Why are so many cats apparently able to teleport? I’m not entirely comfortable with this development. I’m sure I saw one of my cats smiling the other day. They’re clearly all up to something.

(They’re put to bed downstairs because otherwise one of them stands on my head, yells directly into my face, does high speed parkour round the bedroom, and prods me very slowly and deliberately on the nose with her paw. For hours. Every time I go to bed. She’s an adorable little dickhead).

Mmmhmmm Fri 08-Mar-19 07:45:23

My cat had a top entry litter box and occasionally she'd just jump on top of it and pee over the side onto the floor.

She also liked having a shower but if I gave her a bath I was clearly trying to kill her.

JustDanceAddict Fri 08-Mar-19 07:54:50

All cats are weird. My current mad feline:
Is obsessed with drinking water out of any receptacle other than her bowl (this includes the toilet and half finished drinking glasses)
Tries to kill me by running in front of my feet
Asks to be let out and comes in one minute later
Follows me to bed and waits until I get in then sits on my chest. She won’t sit on my lap normally.
Previous cats have
Followed me to the station miaowing the whole time - that got embarrassing
Shagged furry slippers that I had to start hiding from him as he was going hammer and tongs (was supposed to be neutered).

YouTheCat Fri 08-Mar-19 08:03:29

My cat hits me.

smurfy2015 Fri 08-Mar-19 08:05:53

Smurfcat has a preference for waking me up sometimes in the early morning

and as Im not responding (due to being asleep cos that's unreasonable obviously) so she gets onto my chest gently and starts reversing her starfish towards my chin as often as needed to get a response and to get me as her human to wake up (cos its obviously feeding/treat time), - its not -

I still won't feed her till her set time, she has free dry food and water available to her so will not starve,

She goes to the bathroom with me as well, however, I have made a warning sign for visitors who use the bathroom to check her whereabouts before using the toilet,

Obviously, nothing to do with the 2 occasions that as someone sat on the toilet to start to do their business unaware they had furry company, someone furry stood up behind the toilet on back paws and licked their ass cheek, they were in the right place to crap themselves but the scream was piercing in both cases as was so unexpected.

FemalePersonator Fri 08-Mar-19 08:07:13

I would be worried if my cat didn't do those things, OP.

gauntletthrown Fri 08-Mar-19 08:09:45

My cat pooped in the bath and we were really WTF until we realised that the cat flap was locked and she couldn't get out (DH had locked it so the other cat wouldn't leave the house before vet appointment and forgot to reopen).

Once I realised that I was really impressed cat had pooped in the easiest place to clean up - thoughtful cat!

smurfy2015 Fri 08-Mar-19 08:11:28

I recall having 5 kittens at one point growing up, I lived near my primary school so walked there, they followed me and I was trying to leave them back which was keeping me late.

One of the mothers who was passing saw my predicament and offered to try and hold them back from following, 5 kittens who were intent on following me was very hard to hold back and that mother with the help of my own mother, spent almost 3 hours containing the kittens as every time they put one down, off it went in the direction I went in. They didn't have a crate so finally, the kittens were contained within my old playpen with fencing mesh over the top.

Pk37 Fri 08-Mar-19 08:13:59

My dads cat only used to wee in the empty bath when he had a bladder infection , like he was trying to alert him to it

CigarsofthePharoahs Fri 08-Mar-19 08:15:56

I still remember the time my cat decided to investigate the remains of a KFC bucket we'd finished eating.
Stuck her head in, came out with a chip packet stuck on her head and freaked out.
We did move the bucket as I didn't want her eating chicken bones, but she managed to snaffle a bit of the coating and then freaked out for a good ten minutes.
Ah cats. They can't get over that we don't worship them as gods any more.

furrybadger Fri 08-Mar-19 08:20:41

mine drink the bubbly water after youve been in the shower, and then proceed to sick it up again, they cry if you lock them out of the bathroom, they also like to drink out of the running taps and the toilet instead of their own water bowl, they follow me around the house like little shadows too

KillerSpider Fri 08-Mar-19 08:24:59

DKillerSpiderCat is a persistent napper. She seizes every opportunity to catch a few zzzz.

LittleCandle Fri 08-Mar-19 08:30:47

One of my cats decided he could only drink from a running tap (thanks, XH hmm). If I got to my feet to go to the loo, he would race ahead of me and jump into the sink so that the water could be turned on for him. He would lie there quite happily as the water cascaded over him. And if I tried to fool him by going to the other bathroom, he would run between my feet to trip me up so he still won!

He's been gone 10 years, was with me far too short a time, and I still miss him loads!

spaniorita Fri 08-Mar-19 08:31:13

Yabvvvvvu to not attach a pic of said cat!!!

sueelleker Fri 08-Mar-19 09:35:55

I swear mine wears concrete boots-she makes more noise jumping off the bed than the dogs do.(Spaniels, so not lightweights)

HelloJackieYouLookNice Fri 08-Mar-19 17:21:28

Ours swap bowls half way through eating. The bowls contain exactly the same food but clearly they need to check that one isn’t getting a better deal grin

The kitten actually gets into bed with us and lies under the duvet. She has been known to wake me up by biting my toes at 3am which is just lovely hmm

The big one ignores the cat beds/sofas/beds and sleeps on a suit carrier under our bed, or in a doll’s house amongst various dolls and furniture. And when she’s in there we are absolutely not allowed to stroke her, any attempt is met with a death stare and bite if we aren’t quick enough to move away.

ideasofmarch Fri 08-Mar-19 17:26:54

I had one who would wake me up in the morning by dribbling on my face

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »