Talk

Advanced search

World book day : ELSA ?

(14 Posts)
CTRL Thu 07-Mar-19 10:26:56

Hi mums
My daughter’s first world book day tomorrow and down to me being really low on funds I haven’t been able to buy her a costume. I have a brand new Elsa (Frozen) dress I bought her for Christmas and I was wondering do you think she would look silly or out of place wearing it ? As frozen is a film and not a book lol i feel silly for even asking this but I’m really nervous she will look odd as Elsa isn’t a book character.

Thanks in advance

Scotinoz Thu 07-Mar-19 10:28:39

Totally fine! Elsa appears in books!

Funnily, a friend told me her son was set on going as Darth Vader and rationalised that he appeared in his Star Wars Lego book.

Kismetjayn Thu 07-Mar-19 10:29:19

I saw lots of Elsa's being dropped off today smile as our school is doing dress up today.

IceRebel Thu 07-Mar-19 10:29:52

Tomorrow? World book day is today. confused

As for the costume, I would go with what she wants. If she wants to dress up as Elsa then the fact it's a film wouldn't bother me, i'd just let it go, as a happy child is more important. smile

Espressomartin Thu 07-Mar-19 10:29:56

There’ll be tons of Elsa’s. Plenty of kids dress up as non book characters which defeats the point of the day but she won’t look out of place.

youngestisapsycho Thu 07-Mar-19 10:30:28

Most kids go in ready made outfits that are not book characters! Don't worry about it.

CTRL Thu 07-Mar-19 10:30:52

Thank you dearly ladies. That is a weight lifted off my chest.

World book day is today yes but her school are dressing up tomorrow.

SleepingStandingUp Thu 07-Mar-19 10:30:54

Ours is tomorrow except for one girl whose mom sent her in today dressed up. As Elsa. She'll be among a plethora of Disney Princesses.
At most if you have a local pound shop you might find a Frozen book?

Corneliusmurphy Thu 07-Mar-19 10:31:13

Always lots of Disney princesses at our school (although it was like Hogwarts there this morning grin) and, in fairness, there are tonnes of frozen books.

Easterbunnyiscomingsoon Thu 07-Mar-19 10:31:20

Stop worrying op. Let her wear the dress and let it go...

Rabbitjam Thu 07-Mar-19 10:31:21

Haha ice, I'd just "let it go"

Vanillaradio Thu 07-Mar-19 10:33:53

Dropped ds off this am for before school club, think every girl in the room was a Disney princess! She will be fine!

DoneLikeAKipper Thu 07-Mar-19 10:36:26

Elsa is (veeeerrryyy) loosely based on the fairytale of The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen (Disney do love to do a shit interpretation of his work). So it’s technically a book-based character.

IceRebel Thu 07-Mar-19 10:37:19

Haha ice, I'd just "let it go"

I wondered if anyone would notice wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: