Talk

Advanced search

Help! Have you ever played a really fun grown up party game at a party that wasn't too rude?

(37 Posts)
Shamoogren Thu 07-Mar-19 10:15:56

Just that really - promised I'd organise party games for a friends do, about 8 couples in total- people don't know eachother that well, what would go down well?? Thank you!!!

catdoctor Thu 07-Mar-19 10:19:22

Each person has a blown up balloon tied to an ankle; all parties are armed with rolled up newspaper- object is to pop other players’ balloons using newspaper, no hands/holding/grabbing- last unpopped balloon is winner.
Can play 1:1 or melee style; it’s hilarious!

FizzyGreenWater Thu 07-Mar-19 10:31:14

'Who am I' - name of famous person/character written on paper and stuck to forehead of guesser. Always works fairly well and has advantage of not involving physical contact, getting to stay seated and poised when you don't know the pther people well enough to be super relaxed.

SummerintoAutumn Thu 07-Mar-19 10:36:19

Mr and Mrs.

The Crazy Naming Game (everyone writes ten names on slips of paper. Split into teams and take turns to give clues to the person - pulled randomly from a bowl/hat.

Am I a Werewolf? Google for rules.

MoistMolly Thu 07-Mar-19 10:47:19

Cards against humanity

LancsPear Thu 07-Mar-19 10:48:45

Sharades, an oldie but a goodie.

Drawward Thu 07-Mar-19 10:55:55

Look up a game called Telestrations. Its a bit like a cross between pictionary and Chinese whispers but you each get a booklet and everyone tries to draw a word. Then you pass the book onto the person next to you and they try and guess what you have drawn. Then you pass the book on again and the next person draws the guess that the second made. You carry this on until your original book gets back to you then everyone goes through them laughing at how its all changed. Its a lot more fun than I have made it sound here, also if you want to be a bit ruder you can play using the cards from cards against humanity as your starter drawings

Rootvegetables Thu 07-Mar-19 10:58:46

Linkee is really fun and quick to learn and play.

BuffaloCauliflower Thu 07-Mar-19 11:00:07

At New Years me and my group of late twenties/early thirties friends played the kids version of Trivial Pursuit and it was hilarious

Pk37 Thu 07-Mar-19 11:01:25

MoistMolly Have you played it?? Some of them are really rude!

BuffaloCauliflower Thu 07-Mar-19 11:03:19

MoistMolly yes definitely doesn’t fit ‘not too rude’ category. CAH is very likely to offend

thecatsthecats Thu 07-Mar-19 11:05:51

A game called Funployed.

Each person has a selection of cards stating different skills or possessions, and one person draws a card with a job on it. Each person has to apply for the job, coming up with three skills from their set and saying why that qualifies them. The jobs and skills are really random!

Shamoogren Thu 07-Mar-19 12:03:32

Ooo these are great!! Keep them coming!!! Never played cards against humanity is it a sit down thing?? What order and how many games do you think??

Shamoogren Thu 07-Mar-19 12:03:48

And what about prizes. Necessary??

Enidblyton1 Thu 07-Mar-19 12:07:49

My parents used to play one with their friends that I remember - lemon hockey! Each person has a stick (garden cane) and a lemon. Aim of the game - to get your lemon across the line at the other end of the room first.
Now I’m writing this, it all seems a bit lame, but they used to be in stitches with it...

Enidblyton1 Thu 07-Mar-19 12:09:22

CAH is great fun - but some people wouldn’t like it - you have to know your audience!

MissionItsPossible Thu 07-Mar-19 12:22:26

Heads Up (phone app)

Mitzgerald Thu 07-Mar-19 12:27:57

Who's in the bag - 1st round you describe famous people, 2nd round you act them out, 3rd round you describe them using one word.

The cereal box game - everyone takes turns picking a cereal box up from the floor using only their mouth. You tear a bit off the box each round to make it more difficult for those who are still in.

2p game - you put 2 pence pieces inbetween your clothes arse cheeks and waddle over to a cup or container and have to deposit them in the cup.

Disfordarkchocolate Thu 07-Mar-19 12:32:43

Who's the dude, some rude cards in there but we just miss them out.

Shamoogren Thu 07-Mar-19 12:54:52

brilliant ideas! ive just looked at telestrations - I wont have time to buy it, but can I do a version without or would that be rubbish?
any other games?
brilliant ideas thank you!

DuaneBenzie Thu 07-Mar-19 12:55:16

Ah, you've GOT to play this game. It sounds similar to Drawward's Telestrations, & it's genuinely the funniest party game I've ever played...

Each person needs as many small-ish pieces of paper as there are people.
The first round everyone writes a sentence on the top piece then passes their whole pile to the person on their left.

The next round everyone reads the sentence, moves that piece of paper to the bottom of the pile and draws what the sentence said.

The pile is passed left again and then everyone writes what they think the drawing says, and so on until the last piece has been done.

Pass the pile to the left (everyone should now have their own starting sentence back), & then read them all out.

We've played this with adults/kids/mixed ages and it's impossible to get across just how hilarious it is. I've been in tears so many times (and I'm usually a cynical grouch).

Sentences vary from 'a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush' type stuff, to 'Donald Trump's wig blows off in a storm', to 'Bob does stinky farts' etc.

Do it Shamoogren, I guarantee you won't regret it...

DuaneBenzie Thu 07-Mar-19 12:55:45

Cross-post, but hopefully a helpful one!

Mookatron Thu 07-Mar-19 13:05:11

Some of these sound ace! Spyfall is a card game where you all get a Situation card except one person who is the Spy. Noone can see anyone else's card, you have to ask each other questions to find out where you are. The spy has to work out what the situation is and everyone else has to identify the spy. Really good for groups.

flooredbored Thu 07-Mar-19 13:08:19

I've always enjoyed consequences.

flooredbored Thu 07-Mar-19 13:10:01

BTW all you need for consequences is pens and paper.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: