Talk

Advanced search

Too much trouble to put dogs on leads? (Possible trigger warning)

(77 Posts)
Parly Thu 07-Mar-19 01:28:20

May be upsetting for some

In the last five years or so we've seen a sharp rise in the number of dog related attacks to sheep. The most recent happened a couple of days ago with fifteen sheep dead and a horse suffering injuries too.

www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/horse-injured-15-sheep-killed-dog-attacks-680675

The owners of one which was killed by a farmer we know went to the local and national press and of course, to social media calling for him out as a disgrace and to be prosecuted.

Poor chap was devastated and said the warning shots and first one to the dog barely registered. Second one made him stumble but he still tried scrambling on his feet again . Third finally brought him down sad

Despite this, we still keep seeing loose dogs on farmland that won't respond to owners or stop for love nor money.

Why don't / won't people just put their dogs on a lead particularly when walking through farmland? angry angry

BlueSlipperSocks Sat 09-Mar-19 17:19:57

I get the impression that JaniceBattersby lives in a dog-shit ridden village, where feral dogs have taken over the asylum and all humans (except her and her terrified children) are crazed lunatics!

I have no idea what gives me that impression 😂😂😂

RhymingRabbit Sun 10-Mar-19 13:17:12

In fairness to @Janice, I do live in a shit-ridden village where there are a lot of responsible dog owners but far too many crap ones. I literally can't find a way to school that doesn't involve having to dodge shit. Yes dogs off lead do approach my small children at speed and jump on them...and me !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »