Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask if you changed your opinion about Brexit

(485 Posts)
Flyingfish2019 Wed 06-Mar-19 22:26:55

We had a lot of Brexit threads but I think not about this topic. As somebody who does not live in Britain I wonder if you changed your opinion about Brexit now that you heard that a hard Brexit is most likely. Would you vote different if there was a second vote?

SheRaTheAllPowerful Wed 06-Mar-19 22:27:51

Voted remain would vote remain again

iolaus Wed 06-Mar-19 22:28:50

Voted remain, would still vote remain

bellabasset Wed 06-Mar-19 22:29:16

No

Bananasarenottheonlyfruit Wed 06-Mar-19 22:31:26

This has been done several times already. It never goes well.

FWIW I have not changed my mind.

Crunchymum Wed 06-Mar-19 22:32:38

1) this question had been done to death
2) there is a Brexit sub forum
3) I'm a staunch remainer and am incandescent with rage as to how this shit show has panned out

nauseous5000 Wed 06-Mar-19 22:33:49

There have been hundreds of posts like this, but I think it would take a lot for my not to repeatdlu vote remain until ppl listen/ agree

BMW6 Wed 06-Mar-19 22:34:23

Yeah this exact question has been asked several times already.

You will probably find the threads on the Brexit board

Flyingfish2019 Wed 06-Mar-19 22:35:37

Oh, sorry. I did not know there was a Brexit subforum and while I knew there were quite a few Brexit threads on AIBU I never swathing specific question asked. Sorry if this has been asked before.

scaryteacher Wed 06-Mar-19 22:44:30

Voted Leave, would vote leave again.

SilverySurfer Wed 06-Mar-19 23:17:26

Voted Leave and still want to Leave. It has been a long wait and yes, this has been asked many many times.

KidLorneRoll Wed 06-Mar-19 23:22:58

Voted remain.

Would still vote remain, due to not being an idiot.

Chloemol Wed 06-Mar-19 23:26:25

@KidLorneRoll. Typical remainer comment about those who voted leave hey.? Rude

Footloose80 Wed 06-Mar-19 23:28:09

Still remain

HoppityFrog3 Wed 06-Mar-19 23:28:33

Voted Leave.

Would vote Leave again in a heartbeat. I hate the EU now much more than I did 2-3 years ago. They are utterly vile - for too many reasons to list.

Some people I know who voted remain would vote Leave if another referendum happened. It never will though. smile

Will be glad when it's over, and we are out of the EU. smile

Only a few weeks to go now! grin

KidLorneRoll Wed 06-Mar-19 23:28:36

I don't care anymore. Some people clearly can't be reasoned with and are happy to completely screw over the future of the country for absolutely no good reason.

If people still want to leave after all the shitshow that has gone down, after the government's own research shows how much of a negative impact it will have then frankly I think it's the right word to use.

Pocketfull Wed 06-Mar-19 23:31:55

Voted remain, I’d do the same again, but I just want this shit to start now.
The sooner it starts the sooner we can stop talking about it.
The word Brexit is absolutely awful and I pull a face when I have to say it.

NameChanger22 Wed 06-Mar-19 23:33:11

I only ever speak to remain voters about Brexit because the only leave voters I know are work colleagues and we're not allowed to discuss it there. None of the remainers I know have changed their minds, myself included. Brexit is going as well as I thought it would so far.

pigsDOfly Wed 06-Mar-19 23:35:33

Voted remain and would do so again.

The whole thing is an utter and complete mess and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon.

I find it all very depressing.

KidLorneRoll Wed 06-Mar-19 23:37:00

"They are utterly vile - for too many reasons to list."

Just one which isn't utter bullshit would do.

Walkingdeadfangirl Wed 06-Mar-19 23:39:33

YABVVVVVU
We voted to leave, we will leave. Wheres the wine?

longwayoff Thu 07-Mar-19 00:07:50

Walkingdead, the wine's in France, Italy, Spain, Greece etc etc you know, in bloody Europe. So I suggest you stock up whilst you can.

BeachtheButler Thu 07-Mar-19 00:13:20

No. It was a damn stupid idea when the referendum was held and it's a damn stupid idea now.

BeachtheButler Thu 07-Mar-19 00:15:30

Hoppity if you think it's over - think again. You might have got us out, but all that means is we'll start campaigning to re-join. I don't think many leavers realise that it's going to be an on-going battle to keep us out.

ilovesooty Thu 07-Mar-19 00:15:53

No. Still remain.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »