Talk

Advanced search

To think this is ridiculous?!

(99 Posts)
jarhead123 Wed 06-Mar-19 21:05:24

Someone has put on fb that her daughter is going to school in World Book day dressed as Mrs Hinch?!

Now I quite like her but this is madness yes?!

flapjackfairy Wed 06-Mar-19 21:07:14

Who is Mrs Hinch ?

Romanov Wed 06-Mar-19 21:12:44

what book is she from then?

FissionChip5 Wed 06-Mar-19 21:14:01

I think it’s quite funny.

SurgeHopper Wed 06-Mar-19 21:14:44

Cleaner from Rochdale

Travis1 Wed 06-Mar-19 21:15:28

Wtf?! Has she written a book now as well? 🙄

lavalamped Wed 06-Mar-19 21:16:58

Probably not the best idea to take chemicals to school, unless they're empty bottles!

I don't think it's the best world book day idea

IHateUncleJamie Wed 06-Mar-19 21:17:51

A woman who gives cleaning tips on Instagram or something. Apparently she’s written a book but as the book isn’t even out yet, then yes, it is ridiculous to go as “Mrs Hinch” on World Book Day. FFS.

YANBU, OP.

Hippywannabe Wed 06-Mar-19 21:18:09

I suppose she has written a book but I thought the point of World Book Day was to celebrate your favourite book and share it, dressing up as a fictional character being an added bonus.
I would think it is far more likely that teachers in the staff room are rolling their eyes and wondering why they bother.
We might as well change it to World Fancy Dress Day! Bah!

SachaStark Wed 06-Mar-19 21:19:34

Sigh. I don't allow my lot to come as celebrities who've written autobiographies. That's NOT what World Book Day is intended to celebrate. Their attention is supposed to be towards enjoying books and reading, not on what popular social media figures they can emulate.

IHateUncleJamie Wed 06-Mar-19 21:19:41

Or “World Social Media Influencer Day”.

Guineapiglet345 Wed 06-Mar-19 21:21:01

I feel sorry for the poor kid, she (and I presume it’s a she) can aspire to be a woman who cleans her house hmm

ILoveMaxiBondi Wed 06-Mar-19 21:24:06

Yeah, of course Mrs Hinch is the child’s favourite book character hmm how ridiculous. It’s not supposed to be mummy’s new hobby, it’s aboit children and encouraging them to read. Not fucking clean! How depressing.

SlangBack Wed 06-Mar-19 21:25:06

Bets on who the first child is to drink the Zoflora.

Crunchymum Wed 06-Mar-19 21:26:01

I think WBD massively misses the point anyway but this is ludicrous.

Sparklingbrook Wed 06-Mar-19 21:37:52

I used to think WBD dress up was a PITA.hmm

Mrs Hinch has written a book, and it's quite an easy 'outfit', plus the bottles and box are empty, it states that on the photo.

Romanov Wed 06-Mar-19 21:42:37

Mrs Hinch has written a book, and it's quite an easy 'outfit', plus the bottles and box are empty, it states that on the photo

is it a childs book?

Sparklingbrook Wed 06-Mar-19 21:44:45

Doubtful Romanov, it's not out yet though.

But not everyone wants to slave over a costume year after year, and they probably thought it would raise a smile.

Hippywannabe Wed 06-Mar-19 22:23:27

It might raise an eyebrow!
I just think this is ridiculous. Why would a small child even know about Mrs Hinch and her incessant cleaning?
What happened to a good story book and a hundred or so Harry Potters on World Book Day?

jarhead123 Thu 07-Mar-19 07:04:36

It is sad isn’t it that a small child hasn’t chosen a book character but someone from the media who her mum (I assume) talks about a lot... just seems odd to me!

ShirleyPhallus Thu 07-Mar-19 07:06:17

Mrs Hinch’s house is horrible. That tacky silver / grey / white look has already dated so badly

No idea how she is so popular

IceRebel Thu 07-Mar-19 07:30:42

It is sad isn’t it that a small child hasn’t chosen a book character

I find it so sad that the poor child hasn't actually had a choice in who she is dressing up as. Instead her mother is using what should be a fun day to make a point, and presumably try to seem edgy or have the picture go viral. sad

Romanov Thu 07-Mar-19 07:31:16

Sparklingbrook
Doubtful Romanov, it's not out yet though.
But not everyone wants to slave over a costume year after year, and they probably thought it would raise a smile.

It might raise a smile with a small amount of.other parents, but most of the children won't have a clue
Surely wbd is to promote a love of reading, great stories and imagination, what a this going to do? Encourage cleaning? Shallow instagram aspirations?

There a literally thousands of simple world book day ideas

There are 73 here
www.mumsnet.com/books/world-book-day-costume-ideas

NatashaRomanov Thu 07-Mar-19 07:36:11

hmm
Stupid idea. I suspect the Mum just wants attention, maybe notice from Mrs Hinch herself.
Bloody ridiculous.

Sparklingbrook Thu 07-Mar-19 07:39:01

I am glad my two have outgrown all this and it's off my radar completely TBF.
Just remember my two not wanting to dress up and it all being a pain sorting outfits, and the competitive parenting coming out in force.

When is it? Today?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: