Talk

Advanced search

To want to dance?

(15 Posts)
hahahilarious Wed 06-Mar-19 14:44:22

When I'm asked 'what did you want to be when you were younger?' My answer is 'I'd of been a dancer....

Just a dancer

Anyway that obviously didn't happen, so would it be too unreasonable to spend today, seen as its my day off, I have grown up kids, fella is working away for the night, housework is all done...to treat myself to a bottle of wine, play some tunes and dance?

At 45 just dance and prance around the whole house pretending I was some kind of professional dancer that I'd always wanted to be no matter how silly I look?

Morgan12 Wed 06-Mar-19 14:45:13

Do it.

What's on the playlist?

Mummyto2munchkins Wed 06-Mar-19 14:46:47

Do it! I often have a dance with music on!
. Make it 2 bottles of wine so you dont have the nerves about doing it either!

CouldntThink Wed 06-Mar-19 14:47:36

Yanbu, do it!

hahahilarious Wed 06-Mar-19 14:50:18

Ooh I have a little of, soppy stuff (was thinking sexual moves lol)
80s pop stuff (God knows what moves)

Nquartz Wed 06-Mar-19 14:50:36

Love it, do it! I quite often put songs from my youth on & sing/dance.

I saw an article online recently saying dancing makes you happy smile

MaMisled Wed 06-Mar-19 14:55:50

I'm 52 and love to dance! Most days I can manage 20 to 40 mins completely alone to dance to help maintain weight loss. I think I'm pretty good! I listen to 80s and 90s stuff really loud!! At the weekend I retraced my steps through remote woods and fields alone looking for my lost dog lead and danced like a funky person all the way!!!! Sooo liberating! !

CouldntThink Wed 06-Mar-19 14:58:00

When I do house work I always put on some 90s dance classics or pop really loudly. Hoovering is so much easier.

ShirleyPhallus Wed 06-Mar-19 14:59:04

Even better, go and find some dance classes near you. So so enjoyable and will give you some choreography when you’re doing kitchen dancing

hahahilarious Wed 06-Mar-19 14:59:21

Well ok the, been to tesco, a bottle of Sauvignon blanc, blinds shut,Bluetooth connected to device. Let's drink and press play and dance

hahahilarious Wed 06-Mar-19 15:04:28

I'd love to do dance classes.But right now I'm not finding it to unreasonable at all to have Alison Moyer at top volume dancing like I was the best dancer in the world in my lounge wear aka pjs

Lllot5 Wed 06-Mar-19 15:43:29

Go for it I’m always jigging about as my mum calls it. Get some very strange looks in shops though.

Winegumaddict Wed 06-Mar-19 15:46:44

While I love the plan and think you should do it. Do look for dance classes too. I started again in October and went on a dance weekend recently. Hours and hours of dancing it was ace. I go to a Ceroc class but would love to do Lindy Hop or similar.

hahahilarious Wed 06-Mar-19 15:55:53

Winegumaddict how old are you?

I'd just loved to of been some back ground dancer for concerts, shows or a ballet dancer....what is ceroc?

Winegumaddict Wed 06-Mar-19 15:57:50

I'm in my 30s. It's a partnered dance a bit like modern jive but you don't need to go with a partner. I go by myself while DH has the kids. In the class you rotate so you dnace with everyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »