Talk

Advanced search

Cancelled last minute

(5 Posts)
noodlehead15 Wed 06-Mar-19 13:31:08

My friend cancelled on me week before an event which means we can't go (another friend and I) because it is too expensive to share hotel between us both. She gave a lame excuse. Aibu to be annoyed that this happened last minute? She didnt offer to pay she just asked if we would try sell her ticket !

Spiderbanana Wed 06-Mar-19 13:33:06

If she committed to go and has changed her mind at short notice it is her responsibility to cover the costs of her accommodation and ticket. If she had booked individually as opposed to going as part of a group this is how it would work and just because you are travelling with her, it is still her responsibility

MatildaTheCat Wed 06-Mar-19 13:34:49

Can you sell her ticket and use the proceeds to fund the accommodation shortfall? Still very annoying but better than missing out.

BlueMerchant Wed 06-Mar-19 13:37:11

It all depends on why she cancelled, if she just changed her mind I would not be very happy with her telling me last minute but if it was due to a family problem I obviously would understand.
I personally wouldn't expect her to pay but I would expect her to try her best to find someone to replace her and not just dump you with the spare ticket. I'd have to tell her this

OnlyFoolsnMothers Wed 06-Mar-19 13:40:22

she has to cover the costs, and whilst she can see if you know anyone who'd want the ticket it's up to her to find someone to take it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »