Talk

Advanced search

Vaccinations

(9 Posts)
balokashoo Wed 06-Mar-19 12:44:38

1 year old vaccinations yesterday and I cried. Aibu?! I wasn't expecting to be upset and now I'm so embarrassed. Babies are fine ! Twins

EwItsAHooman Wed 06-Mar-19 12:47:24

The 1yo jabs are rough because they're more aware of what's coming but they don't understand why, preschool boosters are easier though as you can explain beforehand and they understand a bit more.

needsleepzzz Wed 06-Mar-19 12:49:25

Don't worry OP your not alone, i got upset too, then again when she had the chicken pox vaccine.
We have travel vaccines coming up next week and she's now 2.5 so will know whats coming, dreading it big time!
Hope the twins are ok

TFBundy Wed 06-Mar-19 12:53:11

Hope your twins are okay OP. I cried with DS too, he gave me such a betrayed look.

Unhelpfully,since then he has had hysterics every time I take him within 2 blocks of the doctors' surgery. <rictus grin>

Outnotdown Wed 06-Mar-19 12:53:38

I cried when my 6 week old was vaccinated, 7 years ago now.

I was mortified but just overwhelmed by guilt that I was enabling somebody to hurt my baby.

The nurse was unmoved.

balokashoo Wed 06-Mar-19 12:57:03

Twins are fine thank you. I just felt the tears coming and there was no stopping it !

capaciousbladder Wed 06-Mar-19 13:53:11

Don't feel bad or embarrassed about how you feel. You weren't expecting it. It's just something that happened- I'm sure the nurse has seen it before!!!
Is a everything else ok? Are you getting enough sleep and support? Twins are intense! (mine are 3 grin)

DartmoorDoughnut Wed 06-Mar-19 13:55:55

I’ve had a few tears at all vaccs appts, even though you’re doing the right thing seeing your baby getting hurt whilst you restrain them is tough!

noodlehead15 Wed 06-Mar-19 13:57:51

Yes sleeping enough they are good sleepers. And we are trying to establish the elusive long nap in the afternoon , so far so good. It is intense , not getting as much support as I would like. My in laws are very good and are enthusiastic with the babies but in regards to my support , they're not interested. I thought my mum would be more supportive but she's keeping me at arms length. She's always tired or stressed with her own problems.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »