Talk

Advanced search

To not understand why people buy these?

(13 Posts)
GivemeGivenchy Wed 06-Mar-19 00:38:15

The hand made dummy clips.

Surely they are a choking hazard? Why would you risk it?

I can't sleep because I have a cough and earache. A face book post selling it annoyed me, so I figured I'd vent  smile

GivemeGivenchy Wed 06-Mar-19 00:39:43

These

ADHMeeee Wed 06-Mar-19 00:51:26

I hate those too. I used a different kind for my firstborn. The beaded ones are a hazard, plus they aren't particularly flexible, so they pretty much don't work that well.

funkylittleboatrace Wed 06-Mar-19 00:51:32

The name on it says it all...

IAmNotAWitch Wed 06-Mar-19 00:52:25

Because people are stupid.

Amibeingnaive Wed 06-Mar-19 01:08:56

I can't understand why people keep buying George Ezra's music, but they do.

You can't make sense of some things.

PyongyangKipperbang Wed 06-Mar-19 01:17:16

The name on it says it all...

Its not a name I would (or have) chosen for my child, but I would never judge someone else for choosing it. I do however judge you @funkylittleboatrace for being an utter snob.

Ladybirdbookworm Wed 06-Mar-19 01:23:28

I like the name Riley.....

LilQueenie Wed 06-Mar-19 01:33:36

Riley is a nice name. Wouldn't use since the Riley character on Buffy though.

StoppinBy Wed 06-Mar-19 01:42:57

My nephews name is Riley, he is a great kid with a wonderful personality..... an area that some people seem to be lacking in hmm

BabyDarlingDollfaceHoney Wed 06-Mar-19 01:48:15

I have a couple made of silicone teething beads... They're brilliant. I wouldn't use them if my baby was going to be unattended (which she practically never is anyway) but I use them when we're out at cafes etc and she's sitting in a high chair to clip a few teething toys to her clothes.
Otherwise they end up on the floor every three seconds and I get through a whole pack of Milton wipes before I've finished my tea.

If you're sitting with your baby there's no danger and I think they're invaluable.

FlagranceDirect Wed 06-Mar-19 01:50:01

I can't see the images. What is a dummy clip?
Is it an addendum to the dummies that parents stick in their child's mouth?
None of my 4 children had dummies. 3 of them didn't need one, and the 4th has severe learning disabilities so I gave her one to stop her mythering, and she chewed them all up and spat them out. Even the indestructible ones that are made out of the stuff that they make heart replacement stuff out of. Nope. Chewed it up and spat it out.

So, no. I wouldn't risk this dummy clip. It sounds first world totally unnecessary bollocks. Just ride the first two years. It will get better.

LilQueenie Wed 06-Mar-19 15:52:49

StoppinBy I'm not judging the name of anyone with it. I just don't like the character. I know plenty amazing people who share names with people who were bullies and made life hell. I never judged them on their name either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »