Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that this always happens in food sharing situations?

(12 Posts)
Garthfield Tue 05-Mar-19 18:33:08

Tonight was a Taster night at my Slimming World group. This is where everyone brings Slimming World friendly food, either homemade or bought and we all eat as a group.

But AIBU to say there are always the following types of people in situations like this:
1. The people who don’t bring anything but are always up first in the queue to fill their plates.
2. The people who put a minute amount on their plate, loudly declare how full they are and how they possibly couldn’t eat anything else. Then pass comments on other people’s massive portions. “Oh I couldn’t possibly eat all that” hmm

It’s just something I’ve noticed. confused

Dieu Tue 05-Mar-19 18:35:50

I remember those SW sharing feasts. More aspartame, couscous and quark than you can shake a stick at!

GregoryPeckingDuck Tue 05-Mar-19 18:36:06

Not something that I have had personal experience of.

SneakyGremlins Tue 05-Mar-19 18:37:30

It's not just slimming world. It's everywhere!

SneakyGremlins Tue 05-Mar-19 18:37:51

My pet peeve is non vegetarians eating all the veggie options first.

thenightsky Tue 05-Mar-19 18:37:51

Happens at work on our 'bring a dish coz its someone's birthday/leaving do' type events. People wanting a slice of cake, but cut so thin its see-through!

MitziK Tue 05-Mar-19 19:05:59

Never mind a whole slice of cake, we get people at work who cut a jam doughnut into quarters. But take the one with the jam in, obviously.

And if I ever mind out what utter shitbags ignored the sandiwches, snack and drink they had expressly ordered to go into the fridge and rummage through the selection of ones specifically bought for the poor bastards like me who have allergies, so that none of us had anything at all, well, let's just say their chocolate might have an added ingredient in it next time. Dulcolax.

Foslady Tue 05-Mar-19 19:21:20

And the ones that take one look at the humus and dips and dipping stuff you bring in and loudly say how they think it looks like baby sick and start making reaching sounds in front of everyone when all they did was bring in a multi pack of quavers

Invisimamma Tue 05-Mar-19 19:32:30

I don't eat at the SW taster evening. I don't know what people's kitchens are like and their food hygiene standards.

Betsy86 Tue 05-Mar-19 19:46:07

invisimamma glad im not the only one! Hell no am i eating those chicken skewers you’ve had rocking around in your bag for god knows how long 😂

cricketmum84 Tue 05-Mar-19 19:57:21

Allll the quark! I bloody hate quark.

DemelzaPoldarksshinerrefiner Tue 05-Mar-19 21:12:40

When ever I see the words food sharing this pops into my head :- m.youtube.com/watch?v=ssv-jSSoI7I

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: