Talk

Advanced search

To be irritated by this..

(9 Posts)
pepguardi Tue 05-Mar-19 10:11:59

I have a two year old and went out for the first time on Friday night in about a year.

I was quite drunk and all in good spirits. Had so much fun dancing and generally having fun with my friends.

I bumped into a woman from work and we had a drink/dance together and a chat for maybe about 20 mins. All good.

Anyway, came into work yesterday and she is telling anyone who will listen that I was drunk and that I wasn't "behaving sensibly like usual". Another colleague of ours was on their day off yesterday and again, she's come in and said to her "see pep on Friday, she was drunk!"

I mean, REALLY?

Omzlas Tue 05-Mar-19 10:22:25

She sounds childish but I wouldn't waste my time being annoyed, ignore ignore ignore

WorraLiberty Tue 05-Mar-19 10:24:36

Meh! You were quite drunk, you've just said that yourself.

Why does it bother you?

It can be quite amusing to see someone drunk when you've only ever known them sober and in a sensible work setting.

arethereanyleftatall Tue 05-Mar-19 10:25:26

I don't think this is something to be particularly worked up about, sorry. Just a bit banter.

VeraWangTwang Tue 05-Mar-19 10:26:12

She sounds a bit sad and childish to be honest

mamato3lads Tue 05-Mar-19 10:27:27

I'd be a bit irritated. Just tell her to calm herself down, it's not Big News and I doubt anyone actually gives a shit.

Buddyelf Tue 05-Mar-19 10:33:46

I used to work with someone who used to relish in making me feel embarrassed about anything. No idea why. If I did something, fell over, spilled something, dropped something, said something in error it was just the funniest thing ever to her and she would then repeat it to everyone with a laugh and then bring said discretion up at any given opportunity. 'oh remember when you fell over Buddy haha' - yes but it was 12 months ago now so shut it! Drove me bonkers

TheSerenDipitY Tue 05-Mar-19 10:50:47

just shake ya head and say "fuck go out once in two years and now its national news!!!" "yay! go me" and walk away,
shes trying to make you feel bad/embarrassed/small/shamed etc etc if you just make out going out and having a drink once in a while is no big deal and her bullshit isnt making you feel embarrassed she will shut up

pepguardi Wed 06-Mar-19 07:43:43

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry for ignoring your replies, my app didn't show any responses!

Yes worra I was drunk but I'm not sure there is any need to bring it up about 10 times? She was also drunk but I have shouted that across the office to everyone!

Maybe I'm just being sensitive!

Thanks for the responses

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »