Talk

Advanced search

To say it is stress and anxiety causing this?

(9 Posts)
ShabbyAbby Tue 05-Mar-19 12:51:33

His parents obviously don't want to face up to the fact that he is anxious and therefore question their choices which may have lead to that. I think they are in denial. I would just let them come to their senses themselves. They have been told by the consultant. And whilst distressing this does not constitute abuse so you intervening may make things worse.

PinkGlitter123 Mon 04-Mar-19 22:05:39

I meant cyclical vomiting is rare. I agree it is anxiety and so does his consultant. His parents think differently.

BuffaloCauliflower Mon 04-Mar-19 19:52:22

@PinkGlitter123 anxiety isn’t rare though and neither is vomiting with it

PinkGlitter123 Mon 04-Mar-19 15:18:52

It's possible although the vomiting is his only symptom and I have heard that condition is rare

CrohnicallyEarly Mon 04-Mar-19 15:15:28

Sounds like cyclical vomiting syndrome, which can be triggered by stress. Poor kid.

I have Crohn's disease and stress can make my symptoms worse.

PinkGlitter123 Mon 04-Mar-19 15:05:55

Well they have been living apart since last April but they officially announced they were separating in July and he was told then.
They told him last month they both had new partners. He has met them both too.
Just seems a bit of a coincidence the sickness has returned again but they won't have it that its anxiety even though a consultant has told them this is the likely scenario.

tattooq Mon 04-Mar-19 15:02:22

Sounds like they are ignoring the obvious. So selfish, poor kid

BuffaloCauliflower Mon 04-Mar-19 14:58:12

Sounds very likely to me, poor child. The brain and body are very much linked, vomiting and diarrhoea are both pretty classic anxiety symptoms. Why are new partners being introduced after only 6 months? Both parents sound very selfish

PinkGlitter123 Mon 04-Mar-19 14:45:35

Brother and his wife separated last year and my nephew who is 7 has had bouts of vomiting throughout that time. He got seen by a consultant who carried out the various tests (Xrays/blood tests/barium swallow) and all results were fine.
Consultant said its most likely stress/anxiety due to the separation.

6 months after their separation, nephew has been introduced to new partners and the sickness has returned. Both parents won't have it that its anxiety/stress. Any other ideas/thoughts?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »