Talk

Advanced search

Was I BU at sleepover?

(4 Posts)
fauxhuman Mon 04-Mar-19 10:18:26

So, two weeks ago my DD13 had a sleepover party for her birthday. Seven girls came all 12/13 year olds.
I bought them pizza and they had drinks and sweets and I left them to it with a film until midnight. After that they were chatting, laughing etc. I went in every hour sometimes more to tell them to go to sleep. Five of them didn't sleep. At 5:30 they had left the sleepover room where two were asleep and gone to another room, all lights on in the house as if they were up for the day!
I went upstairs and had a go at them saying they needed to sleep for at least an hour and they need to go back to the room. They then all went to sleep until 7:30. Phew.
Should I just have gone to sleep and stopped going in etc? I now feel it was pointless and that I'm a grumpy mum to have kept telling them to sleep when they never intended to! The reason I kept going in was because I thought that as a parent I should be at least trying to get them to go to sleep and didn't want to go to sleep while they weren't in case anything happened!

Singlenotsingle Mon 04-Mar-19 10:20:35

Does it matter? Don't worry about it. I would have done the same (probably).

kingfisherblue33 Mon 04-Mar-19 10:22:02

Not U at all. They are young. You are not U not to want dc wandering around your house in the night. I hate those sleepovers where dc don't sleep at all. They're then vile for two days after. It's just not worth it.

IceRebel Mon 04-Mar-19 10:22:49

It was two weeks ago, no need to keep dwelling on it.

I do think it was rather silly to try and make them sleep, as you risked them waking up the children who were asleep. They're more than old enough to deal with any consequences of being tired, and I doubt their parents expected them to get much sleep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »