Talk

Advanced search

To ask if I could be allergic to the shampoo at the hairdresser (and how to stop scratching like a chimp!)

(10 Posts)
Wuddlingheights Mon 04-Mar-19 10:09:17

Had my hair cut and blow dried last week and noticed my head’s been itching ever since. Have washed it several times since but it’s not improving.

I have had itchy scalp issues in the past and they went away but now I’m scratching away again like I’m riddled with nits!

Any ideas what might help?

TommyandGina Mon 04-Mar-19 11:27:45

Do you think it could be nits?

Wuddlingheights Mon 04-Mar-19 12:16:00

TommyandGina - i’m certain it isn’t. I’m very familiar with them as they were rife when I was at school. Thankfully this seems to be my scalp. I have been having a check periodically though!

Redken24 Mon 04-Mar-19 12:17:38

Maybe they haven't washed the shampoo out properly.
Once I had a head full of highlights done and I had to wash it myself properly.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Mon 04-Mar-19 12:19:39

Maybe try using some Tgel shampoo or similar, and take your own shampoo/conditioner for the hairdresser to use next time, just in case?

frozenbanana Mon 04-Mar-19 12:20:46

I get this every time!!

RiverTam Mon 04-Mar-19 12:22:42

My hairdresser only uses products containing argan oil, which makes me wheeze, so next time I will take my own products.

Could it be that? They seemed very surprised when I said I didn't want them to use anything with argan oil in it, but another hairdresser I saw did seem to know that some people can't use it.

Unfinishedkitchen Mon 04-Mar-19 12:35:14

You’ve got a dry scalp. Massage some olive oil in to it, leave it for a while before washing out.

Wuddlingheights Mon 04-Mar-19 12:54:13

Thanks for all these brilliant tips. Will try them all until I stop having to pick bits of my scalp out of my eyebrows!

Love the idea to take my own shampoo and conditioner to the hairdresser.

Jezzifishie Mon 04-Mar-19 12:58:05

I had a really dry scalp for a bit, I found shampoo with coconut oil in soothing. (I feel you on the picking scalp out of your eyebrows issue, I get that too...)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »