Talk

Advanced search

Men talking about other women

(7 Posts)
RainbowCushion Mon 04-Mar-19 08:43:48

I'm disagreeing with a friend at present about this.

She and a close male friend of hers are both single. They talk all of the time (daily), see each other often, call each other best friend etc. She told him she had feelings for him a few years back and he said he didn't share them, and while she's moved on to a certain extent she still holds a flame.

She thinks that he now sees her as 'more than a friend' due to him messaging more often, saying he loves her (unspecified if this was as a friend or a partner) and seeking her out more. She doesn't want to make a move herself after what happened before but thinks it's only a matter of time.

However he tells her than he's active on Tinder, talks openly and often about his exes, is messaging girls he met on Tinder (and tells her about them) and as recently as 6 months ago was asking her advice on women he was dating (although none ever seem to work out). Just last week he got in touch to ask her advice about whether or not he should reply to a message an ex sent.

I think this is his way of letting her know nicely that they are just friends. She thinks I'm being mean.

IABU?

Prinstress Mon 04-Mar-19 08:45:13

She’s so in the friend zone.

Snoozysnoozy Mon 04-Mar-19 08:46:53

Was just about to say Friendzone.

cobalt90 Mon 04-Mar-19 08:57:24

Sounds like they're just friends and he's talking to her the way he would to any other friend.

Holidayblues31 Mon 04-Mar-19 09:05:17

He clearly thinks of her as a friend and may be trying to send her some quite strong hints that nothings ever going to happen. He’s been upfront about his feelings

ChoccieEClaire Mon 04-Mar-19 09:18:20

As far as he is concerned they are definitely just friends, as it was discussed previously and he did not share the feeling he will now assume that they have an understanding.
Men don't read into stuff the way women do and if he was genuinely into her he would make it much more obvious, men don't do subtle hints!
If she makes a move in him she will embarrass herself and risk losing him as a friend too.
If she genuinely want a to test his feeling the best thing to do would be to start talking about dating and asking him for advice, it will soon be obvious if he goes sulky/moody that he sees her as anything more than a friend.

RainbowCushion Mon 04-Mar-19 09:36:06

I think she needs to move on

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »