Talk

Advanced search

To not feel guilty for cheating

(154 Posts)
Imnotanaccidentaltourist Sun 03-Mar-19 22:40:07

If it's making me happy and therefore by extension making my husband happier too because I am? It's with one person, we are both very clear on what we want out of it and it's just lovely. I don't love my husband any less or any differently. I know it can't carry on for ever and that's ok too. My question is am I a terrible person for not feeling guilty but instead being happy and fulfilled by both things?

Latteaday123 Wed 20-Mar-19 17:34:43

What??????????????????????????????????

tillytrotter1 Wed 20-Mar-19 17:37:06

The kind of attitude that gets women a bad name! I find myself hoping that he's doing the same, hence the real cause of his happiness

AmIBU123 Wed 20-Mar-19 17:39:20

You're not BU to feel no guilt. But you are BU for cheating.

Tell your DP. He won't be happy. He can then find someone who does make him happy. This relationship isn't just about your happiness.

Bun123 Wed 20-Mar-19 21:46:08

Well. Spot onCraftyYankee and Yolo. He does need to be ignored because interacting with him is not helping, adds nothing to my life and to be honest adds to the pain.
I need to start to envisage a life where he is not important to me. Just writing that makes me cry.

Thanks for the advice. Promise I will act on it.

Today we have been civil. I think he thinks it will “blow over” given time.
He has broken my heart. It will never “blow over”.
Tomorrow going out with group of friends for meal. Without him. On the plus side I have lost weight - on the debit I look a hundred years older.
Thanks again xxxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »