Talk

Advanced search

So are all the Theresa May apologists on here still in her corner now we know she said 'simples' for a bet?

(17 Posts)
stillpinching Sun 03-Mar-19 21:39:51

What an absolute disgrace. The country faces ruin thanks to her and her rotten party and it's all a joke to her. She should be removed from office as she has no respect for it clearly.

I know IANBU.

Justanotherlurker Sun 03-Mar-19 21:53:12

With your outstanding political insight you maybe should have just posted this on facebook so you can get the backslapping you want in a visual form of likes and emojis.

Still, good on for making a stand!

Toastisfun Sun 03-Mar-19 21:54:23

Eh, what now?

AnyFucker Sun 03-Mar-19 21:55:13

Pardon

Casmama Sun 03-Mar-19 21:57:25

From what I read the implication was that it was a bet one of her aides had - no implication she was aware of it.

BIWI Sun 03-Mar-19 21:57:47

I really thought I'd misheard her. But yes, she definitely ended her speech with 'simples'.

The Tories. Sponsored by 'comparethemarket.com'.

There's a message in there somewhere confused

lljkk Sun 03-Mar-19 22:01:39

What T-May apologists? May gets plenty grief on MN.

Justanotherlurker Sun 03-Mar-19 22:12:14

From what I read the implication was that it was a bet one of her aides had - no implication she was aware of it.

Yeah thats what i have read, but we get into the whole scenario of bad taste jokes because its tories and nuance, the thread filling up with labour leaving the note of no more money as being different because people om a political tribal stance, maybe a few throws of snowflakes, reminiscent of 1930's to add into the mix.

Twitter comments chasing likes should be kept to those platforms, its banal shite.

stillpinching Sun 03-Mar-19 22:17:39

The thread is banal shite (yes, probably) but her comment wasn't? In all honesty I thought it was awful enough when it happened just in itself, but to now find it was said for a bet.. Yes, I think it's a complete disgrace in the circumstances.

BIWI Sun 03-Mar-19 22:22:31

a) it was awful
b) it was said as a bet?
c) see above for a). Truly awful

Did she really thing that would be wise? How stupid and crass can you be?!

FindPrimeLorca Sun 03-Mar-19 22:38:46

One of TM’s aides did something (without the PM’s knowledge as I read the stories) that was foolish and unprofessional but that didn’t harm anyone. I’m struggling to see how you get from that to “MAY MUST RESIGN!”

Cheeeeislifenow Sun 03-Mar-19 22:42:30

I think it's really funny actually!! Everyone needs a laugh at work sometimes!!

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Sun 03-Mar-19 22:45:50

Im abit confused as well

I thought it was a bet between two aides (wouldnt argue that they should be sacked!)

I can't stand Maybut im struggling to see why May should be sacked for it

(Although it was a fucking stupid thing to say, bet or no)

ineedaknittedhat Sun 03-Mar-19 22:46:07

It's all just a joke to them. None of them give a shit about the country or the population. It's all a big game.

Meanwhile, in the real world......

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Sun 03-Mar-19 22:47:30

I think it's really funny actually!! Everyone needs a laugh at work sometimes!!

Dh has been bet many times to get phrases or words into speeches and presentations

But he's not PM grin

Which, let me assure you, should be a great relief to everyone!

stillpinching Sun 03-Mar-19 22:48:08

I don't see how it could have happened without her knowing - the aide isn't whispering in her ear at PMQs is she? Regardless, having such an unprofessional aide reflects on her as well imo, And the bet was with a Tory MP. What an absolute bunch if tossers the whole lot of them.

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Sun 03-Mar-19 22:50:55

don't see how it could have happened without her knowing

I dont think anyone is saying she didnt know

I don't disagree with any of your latest post

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »