Talk

Advanced search

He says we dated

(30 Posts)
Seeleyboo Sun 03-Mar-19 20:34:50

So this guy runs up to me. He knows my name etc. Do you remember me. confused hmmmm no. Sure you do we dated. Huh. AIBU to say wtaf

WhiteDust Sun 03-Mar-19 20:59:44

Eh?

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 03-Mar-19 21:00:56

Maybe he has a false memory

DaphneFanshaw Sun 03-Mar-19 21:02:29

No ywnbu.

Is that what you actually said to him ? Wtaf ?

DaphneFanshaw Sun 03-Mar-19 21:03:44

Maybe he has lost weight and or had drastic plastic surgery.
Or maybe he warped into someone else’s body.....

DaphneFanshaw Sun 03-Mar-19 21:04:58

Maybe he is from an alternate reality.
<< wobbly scene do do do do music>>

Aprilshowersarecomingsoon Sun 03-Mar-19 21:06:39

Depends if dated = shagged tbh....
Would that change things?

Seeleyboo Mon 04-Mar-19 06:06:40

Never saw him before in my life. But he knew my name and where I once lived.

steff13 Mon 04-Mar-19 06:08:31

Have you dated a lot of men? There was an episode of Sex and the City about that.

Seeleyboo Mon 04-Mar-19 07:28:53

I've never seen it. But no, I haven't. Never had a one night stand either. Only relationships I've had are long term and I can remember them all grin just dont even recall him anywhere. He knew things from my past and it's made me very confused. Could he be a stalker. Or maybe he was infatuated in the past and has just seen me again. I've even asked old school friends but other than the obvious boys called Paul no one knows him from my description.

oldsewandsew Mon 04-Mar-19 07:35:39

Ooh, this has just reminded me of something! I was out shopping in town one day years ago and a random man came up to me and asked me something about myself as though he knew me. He got it wrong, but asked ne a few more questions, also wrong. And then he just came out with my name, completely correct! I was on my own so he wouldn’t have heard anyone else say it. I was very freaked out!

FierceMother Mon 04-Mar-19 07:38:03

What did you say to him?

HuntIdeas Mon 04-Mar-19 07:40:00

Could it be someone having a laugh?

Say he was friends with one of your mates who spotted you when you were out. Your mutual friend says ‘that’s Seeleyboo over there. She used to live in X town and likes dogs. Go and pretend you know her, it will be really funny”

ColeHawlins Mon 04-Mar-19 07:41:09

Prank? Someone put him up to it?

ColeHawlins Mon 04-Mar-19 07:42:56

X post smile

RosieLancs Mon 04-Mar-19 07:47:35

Could he have been catfished on some dating site by somewhere by someone using your pictures?
That happened to me once, I'm not that pretty or fascinating so no idea why they picked me to use. Was very creepy on many levels

ReanimatedSGB Mon 04-Mar-19 07:52:35

I sometimes find myself in conversations with people who claim to know me. My standard question in such situations is 'Did I shag you?' because it scares off the chancers.

Seeleyboo Mon 04-Mar-19 12:29:57

He came running and calling me so I stopped. And he was out of breath. He was very friendly. HI seeley isn't it. Omg Seeley how are you. I said sorry. He said, it's me Paul, we dated. I said sorry again. He said you don't remember me do you. It's Paul. You lived at x and worked at x and went to x school. Cue more confusion. I'm so sorry Paul but I don't remember you. Yes you do, we dated. You had a dog x breed and his name was x. Just so much stuff.

rainbowstardrops Mon 04-Mar-19 15:06:45

Some short-lived thing from school!??

Isadora2007 Mon 04-Mar-19 15:09:32

Was he your primary school boyfriend? I “dated” a boy in primary- well, we met out of school one day and went on the swings together. In my mind he was my boyfriend, I’m pretty sure i do not register anywhere in his mental list of boyfriends.

That is weird though OP...

billybagpuss Mon 04-Mar-19 15:13:07

A friend of mine was having her lunch staring at a guy that she was convinced she recognised, couldn't work out how, wondered if they'd got together at some point. It was a couple of hours later when she realised it was her ex-husband grin. It had been 20 years!

CandidCat Mon 04-Mar-19 15:13:50

How does he claim to know you, apart from by dating you? Odd for a short term friend/acquaintance to know where you lived, worked and went to school. Is all this stuff findable on your social media? Could it be an admirer trying it on, having looked you up? Weird.

glamorousgrandmother Mon 04-Mar-19 15:18:20

I once had a very drunk much younger man come up to me and ask me if I remembered him, I was a bit shock. It turned out that I taught him when he was 5.

Grumpelstilskin Mon 04-Mar-19 15:20:13

@billybagpuss Hahahaha

ChakiraChakra Mon 04-Mar-19 15:23:08

Weird! A prank maybe?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »