Talk

Advanced search

To think I have no choice but to LTB?

(13 Posts)
ILoveBray Sun 03-Mar-19 19:25:02

This afternoon my friend and her 2 children came over for dinner.

We all started a game of Monopoly after we'd eaten.

Now my husband is very competitive (especially when it comes to Monopoly), and he quickly got all the light oranges and started building houses on them all.

My friends son (age 6) then landed on Vine Street which had a hotel, costing about £950!

My husband made my friends son remortgage all his properties, hand over every note he had (including the £1s), and still he didn't have enough, so he went bankrupt. He was quite good about it, a bit teary at being out of the game.

My husband gleefully counted all his money whilst the rest of us looked on with our mouths open.

I don't think my friend will be coming over again shock

AIBU to LTB as he seems to be OK with robbing little kids??

Fiveredbricks Sun 03-Mar-19 19:27:02

He played the game, he lost. What's the issue here? Monopoly is serious business.

ILoveBray Sun 03-Mar-19 19:28:45

He's 6, I might be soft hearted but I always go easy on the younger kids when we play Monopoly!

1234User Sun 03-Mar-19 19:29:36

Your DH is doing a good job earning a living, hopefully providing for you and any DC. Your friend is a CF expecting her DC to live rent freein your DHs property!!!

Soubriquet Sun 03-Mar-19 19:29:38

Is he cruel in other ways?

Sounds like he was just playing the game...albeit enjoying watching a child lose a bit too much

Fromage Sun 03-Mar-19 19:30:47

omg what a prat

do you have children? they must learn never to play board games, football, running races etc with Daddy because he is a terrible winner.

And a terrible winner is, I think, way worse than a sore loser.

What does he think about what he did TO A 6 YEAR OLD CHILD? hmm

LatentPhase Sun 03-Mar-19 19:32:13

LTB

OftenHangry Sun 03-Mar-19 19:32:18

6? I am with your DH.
Teach them about dissapointments of life when they are young so they are ready. In 12 years he will have this with every paycheck.
Poof and it's all gone.

stevie69 Sun 03-Mar-19 19:34:44

Your DH is doing a good job earning a living, hopefully providing for you and any DC. Your friend is a CF expecting her DC to live rent freein your DHs property!!!

Brilliant grin

multivac Sun 03-Mar-19 19:38:09

YAVVU to have played Monopoly in the first place.

Fromage Sun 03-Mar-19 19:38:09

lol 1234User

Though I secretly hope the 6 year old farted in the dh's favourite chair before he went home.

ILoveBray Sun 03-Mar-19 19:59:32

grin He's actually really nice usually, but board games bring out his dark side!

PolarBearDisguisedAsAPenguin Sun 03-Mar-19 20:02:33

Apart from the gleefulness at bankrupting the six year old, I agree with your DH.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: