Talk

Advanced search

Shamima Begum's husband

(122 Posts)
yolofish Sun 03-Mar-19 17:55:04

uk.news.yahoo.com/shamima-begums-husband-made-mistake-144700935.html

Sorry, probs rubbish link, but Shamima Begum's husband would like to return to the Netherlands with his wife and their baby. AIBU to think that the country probably doesnt want the three of them, and that it's a bit late to say he's 'sorry' given that he only surrendered a few weeks ago?

I mean, I can imagine that they'd like a nice quiet domestic life, but this might just be a bit late in the day?

izekiah Sun 03-Mar-19 17:57:07

YANBU !

pickletickled Sun 03-Mar-19 18:11:22

YA D NBU!
Their first choice of a nice little life in the UK (after she came home then we allowed him in on a spouse visa) went to shit so now it seems Holland is plan B.....hmm

Babdoc Sun 03-Mar-19 18:14:36

If he’s a Dutch citizen, I suppose the Netherlands have to take him back. But they can presumably also then try him for war crimes and imprison him.

Blissx Sun 03-Mar-19 18:15:18

I have no sympathy over a 27 year old
Man who voluntarily married a 15 year old girl. Sick.

origamiunicorn Sun 03-Mar-19 18:17:22

That man who interviewed him was fantastic, calling him out on his crap. Then he starts with the, wah wah bad childhood rhetoric. Well you know what, boo fucking hoo, loads of people have a bad childhood and they don't run off to join a terrorist organisation. The Netherlands won't take them, they don't really put up with this shit.

LuvSmallDogs Sun 03-Mar-19 18:18:06

Well it would be nice if UK or Netherlands offered to take the baby off their hands to be adopted into a decent life, he’s done nothing wrong has he. Don’t care about the adults though,

akmum18 Sun 03-Mar-19 18:19:46

As long as they are far from the uk and all our families I couldn’t care less what happens to them. Shame they won’t hand the baby over to a decent family to raise him properly however.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sun 03-Mar-19 18:19:57

They will both be in jail for a long time and the baby taken away.

He was brought up in the Netherlands yet spouts crap about underage sex and an absolute twisting Islam that only a bloody brainwashed convert can.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sun 03-Mar-19 18:23:40

So his childhood was worse than any of the thousands of yazidi girls? Was he raped and sold and sold like an animal? Did he see his parents slaughtered? Did I mention - was he raped multiple times a day by different ‘husbands’ who paid for him - then beat him senseless when he didn’t please them? Was he raped close to death by disgusting men who saw him as less than human?

No? Well boo bloody boo for him because this is what his ‘brothers’ were up to and I do not believe he didn’t know this before he went over there.

Give him over to the yazidis. Let him explain his traumatic childhood to them.

Jokie Sun 03-Mar-19 18:37:37

The Dutch have already said IF he returns, he'll be charged and put in prison for terrorism offences. Theyve also said that it's "unlikely" they'll acknowledge the marriage of the two because it happened when she was 15, not legally binding etc. So she wouldn't have any sort of welcome there.

The child is a different story and hasnt been mentioned that much in the Dutch press. It's more about the punishment he'll get if he returns.

mothertruck3r Sun 03-Mar-19 18:43:42

When I see his photo I just wonder how many poor women and girls he raped and brutalised.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sun 03-Mar-19 18:46:38

I thought he was already convicted of terrorist offences in the Netherlands anyway?

So much bleating. So much denial. Reminds me of old footage of the Nuremberg trials ‘i knew nothing about all that genocide stuff, it was all lovely and everyone was having a nice time having tea parties and lovely rallies. I only did what I was told, I never killed anyone, tum to tum my fingers are in my ears I can’t hear you...’

RippleEffects Sun 03-Mar-19 18:47:21

Isn't he a Bangladeshi duel citizen by marriage hence couldn't the Dutch renounce citizenship too?

RepealTheGRA Sun 03-Mar-19 18:48:08

*I have no sympathy over a 27 year old
Man who voluntarily married a 15 year old girl. Sick.*

This

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Sun 03-Mar-19 18:48:54

She wont go to prison. There are over 400 ex 'jihadis' in the UK, who have made their way back. The ones that have been charged, and convicted have been done so with DNA evidence. The others are on tag, or insufficient evidence. So unless you know something about Shamima the authorities don't know, acting as breeding machine isn't an offence. Even if it was, at 15 she was a child, groomed on line etc etc, no way will she be convicted. In our law, she is the abused one.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sun 03-Mar-19 18:51:38

Stealing and using another person’s passport? That’s a crime surely?

mothertruck3r Sun 03-Mar-19 18:52:04

They won't. He'll get 6 years max and she won't be prosecuted as they have no proof against her and she's already got the sympathy of the press so she will be regarded as a victim who needs our support.

nancy75 Sun 03-Mar-19 18:54:40

I’m struggling to believe anything I see about either of these 2.
How do either of them think they can just move back here/ to the Netherlands & just live like a normal family with no legal repercussions?
Some of the stuff she has supposedly said just dint ring true for someone that wants to come back - she’s made herself even more hated than she was before with her comments about the Manchester bombing & not being phased by chopped off heads.
It’s all so very strange.

RepealTheGRA Sun 03-Mar-19 18:55:26

Stealing and using another person’s passport? That’s a crime surely?

Is that how she got out the country? I’ve always wondered how they managed it and wtf no one stopped them?

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sun 03-Mar-19 18:56:15

She stole her sisters passport

RepealTheGRA Sun 03-Mar-19 18:58:30

Ah. Did the other two steal passports as well then? What a ringing endorsement of our airport security that you can leave the country on a passport that’s not yours.

Successa Sun 03-Mar-19 18:59:58

Not much has been said about the other two girls she ran off with. Wonder what became of them?

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Sun 03-Mar-19 19:00:20

Didnt commit a fraud for personal gain though, 15 at the time, that's a stern talking to, much like the lad who stole his dads CC and passports and went on a spree in Bali = absolutely no come back,

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Sun 03-Mar-19 19:01:56

Not much has been said about the other two girls she ran off with. Wonder what became of them?

One was killed in a drone strike the other is a different refugee camp; it's all been covered in recent news

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »