Talk

Advanced search

He wees all over the seat

(28 Posts)
DearDiary1 Sat 02-Mar-19 22:13:50

DP's dad is a very nice man. He helps us out a lot, and is very pleasant.

However there is one negative, and it's driving me a little bit insane.

When he comes to see us, he never puts the toilet seat down. This is a real bug bear of mine, and fortunately DP always put it down. I can just about (reluctantly) deal with DP's dad doing this, but the problem is there is always piss all over the seat (as in, under the seat you sit on and not in the bowl itself). It means I always have to clean up after he's been in there and it's just not pleasant.

I'm not sure what to do - if I mention it to DP he will bring it up with his dad and embarrass him and I don't want to cause anyone to feel uncomfortable. But at the same time, I don't know why I should have to clean this up confused it's really odd for DP's dad to behave this way as in all other ways he's considerate and a bit of a 'clean freak'. He is not old or infirm and there's no reason for this to happen, I just don't know why he doesn't clean up the mess :s What is the best course of action?

animalprintfree Sun 03-Mar-19 03:23:14

I understand your frustration, but seeing as he's a nice man, your father-in-law and a guest in your house... I'd just clean it, if I were you.

justasking111 Sun 03-Mar-19 09:32:16

I would say if dad or anyone is having flow problems to get checked out prostate problems can be treated a psa test perhaps as well

Limensoda Sun 03-Mar-19 09:39:31

There's no excuse unless someone is ill. Men who do this do so because people put up with it.
Your dh should speak to him or agree to clear up after his dad has been in there.
'Very nice' men don't piss on the seat or toilet rim for someone else to clear up. I wouldn't excuse it. My DP, My son and my 6 grandsons all manage to use the toilet without leaving a mess as I'm sure many other males do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »