Talk

Advanced search

Social Taboos

(208 Posts)
strawberrisc Sat 02-Mar-19 21:57:03

I just watched Mamma Mia 2.

If I say it was the biggest pile of steaming shite ever, am I out of the gang? Honest to God I don’t know what I wanted to gouge out first, my ears, my eyes or my brain.

Does anyone else have anything else to admit? You didn’t fancy Patrick Swazye in Dirty Dancing?

OpiesOldLady Sat 02-Mar-19 21:59:49

I've never watched Game of Thrones. And Jason Momoa leaves me cold.

ASurfeitOfDuncans Sat 02-Mar-19 22:00:55

Mama Mia 1 was a pile of wank just now.

Cheeeeislifenow Sat 02-Mar-19 22:00:58

Hate dirty dancing pretty woman and the notebook.

Sparklingbrook Sat 02-Mar-19 22:01:49

I have never fancied Patrick Swayze. Find Dirty Dancing really annoying and also hate Top Gun.

TheresACatInMyLaundryBasket Sat 02-Mar-19 22:02:14

I HATED Mama Mia 2, but I don't know why I went to see it, because I can't stand Abba in the first place.

I think the Beatles were overrated and crap, but my parents would disown me if I admitted it...

TheresACatInMyLaundryBasket Sat 02-Mar-19 22:03:29

Oh, and when I was around 14 or so, EVERYBODY loved the film "ghost"- I thought it was a pile of shite, and still do!

thebeesknees123 Sat 02-Mar-19 22:04:59

I don't get the hype surrounding Strictly

sushisuperstar Sat 02-Mar-19 22:05:19

I can't stand a lot of folk people seem to like eg Louis Theroux, Stacey Dooley et al.

RiverTam Sat 02-Mar-19 22:06:05

I HATE grey in interior decor. It’s dreary, boring and it’s as unimaginative as magnolia was in its heyday.

And kale is horrible and smells of dirty dishcloths.

sushisuperstar Sat 02-Mar-19 22:06:11

Yes totally agree the Beatles are over rated. And so was David Bowie (sorry)

percheron67 Sat 02-Mar-19 22:07:59

To cringe when hearing "Hubby" or "bubba". Dear God, the poor child.

TheresACatInMyLaundryBasket Sat 02-Mar-19 22:09:33

Actually, thinking about it, a lot of the "big" bands were overrated. Especially the 90s ones like the Spice Girls, they were crap!

snoutandab0ut Sat 02-Mar-19 22:09:33

OMG there is so much stuff I hate. Friends (the sitcom, not actual people) is the biggest one that everyone else seems to love but I don’t. Any romcom. Fluffy memoirs by vacuous white middle class women like Dolly Alderton

Littlecaf Sat 02-Mar-19 22:10:39

I’ve never seen Coronation Street.

There. Said it.

Aquamarine1029 Sat 02-Mar-19 22:11:59

Titanic is fucking GARBAGE. I HATE that movie.

LaurieMarlow Sat 02-Mar-19 22:12:31

I’ve never seen E.T.

Dahlietta Sat 02-Mar-19 22:12:59

I'm disappointed this isn't about bestiality, incest and cannibalism.

Parly Sat 02-Mar-19 22:13:17

I don't like anything. Don't watch soaps or TV other than documentaries and I have absolutely no idea who all these shit-wads people constantly bang on about even are.

I don't do shoes, expensive clothes or designer gear and choose to drive around in an old scrapper that's just about legal and I can rag and drive to its death.

It's only ever a source of wonder and shock to other women though. They cannot believe I don't know who such a person is from Emmerdale and will look at me like I've just fallen from the sky when I say I don't really watch TV. Or shop. Or do anything.

Had to grit my teeth and agree to let my son bring his friends round to ours every other weekend as part of training he does in medieval reenactment but that is my absolute max.

I'm like a really pezzy rag and bone man's daughter just coasting through life being cheap and pezzy smile

Chesntoots Sat 02-Mar-19 22:13:57

I've never watched Gone With the Wind, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Wizard of Oz.

Hated Top Gun.

I am a very grumpy lady...

TheresACatInMyLaundryBasket Sat 02-Mar-19 22:15:25

Aquamarine, remember 1998? (hope that was the right year!) Everybody was raving about Titanic. People were being interviewed in the papers for seeing it 50+ times etc, and I just didn't get the fuss, and still don't!

flojo73 Sat 02-Mar-19 22:17:01

I have never watched Dirty Dancing.

Parly Sat 02-Mar-19 22:17:16

@Dahlietta I like your thinking! That's what I expected too but then again I'm always slightly off when it comes to joining in the social shit.

But yeah I thought this would involve and include some stuff that's more what I understand as being "social taboo"

Believability Sat 02-Mar-19 22:18:51

Harry Potter is boring and of no interest to me, my kids or my family. Someone will now want to tell me how wrong I am

Bravelurker Sat 02-Mar-19 22:19:03

Anything Bridget Jones, talent contests.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: