Talk

Advanced search

Is there anything more annoying than a tissue wash??

(46 Posts)
fieldofdaisies Sat 02-Mar-19 19:13:54

So infuriating to unload the washing machine to discover a rogue tissue has disintegrated all over the clothes. Please say I'm not the only one this happens to??!

NWQM Sat 02-Mar-19 19:14:54

Oh, yes - that is so, so, so annoying!

alltoomuchrightnow Sat 02-Mar-19 19:15:56

I thought you meant, trying to wash yourself with a damp tissue! of course I've never tried this hmm

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Mar-19 19:16:45

I know and it doesn't matter how carefully you've checked.
I've had a few where the offending tissue is nowhere to be found can only assume complete disintegration. At least when you find most of a tissue you get the satisfaction of removing it

JustThe2OfUsMK Sat 02-Mar-19 19:17:08

Oh yes...that damn tissue...angry

fieldofdaisies Sat 02-Mar-19 19:17:19

@alltoomuchrightnow 😂😂😂

mawbroon Sat 02-Mar-19 19:17:21

Even worse if a disposable nappy gets washed by mistake 😮

But tumble drying seems to sort it out

HirplesWithHaggis Sat 02-Mar-19 19:17:45

A tumble dryer is your friend in this situation.

LittleMissMarker Sat 02-Mar-19 19:18:37

I feel your pain. In this household all tops must be turned inside out and all pockets checked before running the machine. But sometimes one still gets through angry Cue hours wasted with a lint roller.

hedgeharris Sat 02-Mar-19 19:20:25

Yanbu, except perhaps finding your favourite handwash only top has snuck in with a 40 degree mixed wash

StinkyCandle Sat 02-Mar-19 19:20:43

it's about time someone install a tissue alarm on washing machine.
I agree with nappies being even worst, and how on earth can you miss them! Still angry

sugarcubed Sat 02-Mar-19 19:21:32

No, nothing more annoying. It’s the worse!

The80sweregreat Sat 02-Mar-19 19:22:31

It's awful. The bits everywhere is a pain to try and deal with.

fieldofdaisies Sat 02-Mar-19 19:29:35

@The80sweregreat I know I'll be finding the bits for days

AmbitiousHalibut Sat 02-Mar-19 19:35:34

Aaargh, it's the worst. I have been known to shriek with glee upon finding tissues in pockets before they go into the wash. Take that, you buggers!

Treefloof Sat 02-Mar-19 19:39:21

I have only this week had TWO pairs of trousers washed with tissues in pockets. I didnt know til I put them on. Although i think one may have been a shopping list as it was a hard lump in the back pocket.
Yes to dryer and its satisfying to empty the filter after.

EdWinchester Sat 02-Mar-19 19:42:18

If tissues (shudder - I have an absolute phobia) are left in pockets, they just go into a soggy mess. I have never known them to disintegrate and we tumble dry everything.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Sat 02-Mar-19 19:46:43

Kleenex tend to stay intact, I’ve found. Still there’s always a rogue one gets through!

MitziK Sat 02-Mar-19 19:49:28

Yes. Finding out your knitwear has been accidentally put through a 60 wash by a well meaning but ultimately distracted DP.

I'll take your tissues any time.

jazzandh Sat 02-Mar-19 19:53:43

Did this today...hayfever has set in here, so the rogue tissues abound! As upthread - thank goodness for tumble dryer!

Turkeycondundrum Sat 02-Mar-19 19:54:55

I managed to drop a bottle of vegetable oil the other day.

It bounced on the counter, opened and fell on the floor. Half a bottle of oil on the floor. Oil splatters EVERYWHERE.

THAT was even more annoying than a tissue in the wash. Took me hours to clean everything properly. No more oil in high up cupboards in our house!

SherlockSays Sat 02-Mar-19 19:58:05

I'm so glad someone else has washed a disposable nappy by accident - actually the worst.

DH leaves tissues in pockets all the time angry I don't check pockets because I've told him it's not my job to do so.

notsurewhatshappening Sat 02-Mar-19 20:01:27

I ruined my favourite maternity top in a tissue wash. The bits were so ingrained that, after hours with a lint roller, another wash and tumble dry cycle plus a lot of tears (well I was pregnant), I sadly binned it. I still get the rage thinking about it.

Bringbackthestripes Sat 02-Mar-19 20:05:29

it's about time someone install a tissue alarm on washing machine.
That would be the million pound invention! Something we would be grateful of in this household.

Turkey my sympathies with the oil. I read somewhere on here to put salt down to absorb, then sweep away then add more salt. It was a tip from a restaurant worker. Bit late for you-sorry.

I line dry so if the wind doesn’t shake tissue off I will, reluctantly, shove in the tumble drier for 10 mins to shake the tissue off.

StealthPolarBear Sat 02-Mar-19 20:08:11

I rewash with tissue. But a quick wash won't do, it seems to have to be a full one again. The stuff I'm washing isn't usually suitable for a tumble.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »