Talk

Advanced search

Help! Need activity/game suggestion for 11 Yr Old DD1 Party this afternoon!

(10 Posts)
Lovestosing Sat 02-Mar-19 10:22:17

I know IABU but in desperate need for some suggestions! We have a main supervised activity sorted, then food but then DD wanted her friends to stay and "hang out" for an hour afterwards and listen to music, etc. Trouble is it turns out it's only going to be me supervising and I'm worried they'll be bored or start messing around.

I have suggested glitter tattoos, nail painting and hair plaiting (I'm pretty good at it) but these might be too babyish. They're too old for traditional party games. Can anyone help?

JustDanceAddict Sat 02-Mar-19 10:25:00

A quiz - I did a quiz party when dd turned 11. We had questions, name that tune, smelling various spices and things. Went down well. Then a few stayed over and watched a film etc.
You could look online for quiz questions.

Chimchar Sat 02-Mar-19 10:28:21

What about a 'photo booth'? You can buy props from supermarkets...funny glasses, signs, scarves, hats etc. Set up a blank background...white sheet or glitter curtain or similar, and then you can take photos of the kids in groups or individually and send them on afterwards.

Could do biscuit decorating...plain biscuits, squeezy icing tubes, Nutella, sweets etc.

Dancing comp...put on the crap songs with dances...cha cha slide, Macarena etc. Who can do the best floss etc!

Im sure that the kids will sort themselves out though. Have a good time!

GinZing Sat 02-Mar-19 10:33:26

We played the game where you put lots of famous names on strips of paper in a bowl and they have to try to describe the person to the rest of the group. If the others get it, then they pick another name and keep going until a minute is up. Then on to the next child.

They loved this and played it for ages. We had everyone from Theresa May to Peppa Pig, Santa and Jesus. It was hilarious. 👍

My friend recommended this game to me and hers are teenagers.

GinZing Sat 02-Mar-19 10:34:26

Oh and add in kids at schools banes - they love this.

GinZing Sat 02-Mar-19 10:34:41

Banes? Names

Toomuchworking Sat 02-Mar-19 10:37:34

Put an after eight on their foreheads and they have to wiggle it down their faces without using their hands. First to eat it wins. Cereal box game, they pick it up in their mouths with no hands, each round tear a bit off so it gets smaller and smaller.

Toomuchworking Sat 02-Mar-19 10:40:08

Fluffy bunnies with marshmallows

EnglishRose13 Sat 02-Mar-19 10:40:27

Harry Potter quiz.

Lovestosing Sat 02-Mar-19 17:29:43

This is why I love Mumsnet! Brilliant suggestions, thank you folks. I prepared a few things but in the end I didn't need any of them as they did just have fun talking and listening to music after their planned activity. DD2 has her birthday party soon so I have plenty of ideas for hers now!smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: