Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask why some people seem to hate people who like latte macchiato and green smoothies?

(9 Posts)
Flyingfish2019 Sat 02-Mar-19 10:08:41

Some people seem to have a real dislike for them and I do not quite understand why.

BTW I like latte macchiato but never liked any of the green smoothies I tried. I also think they are overpriced but why is there such a dislike for people who like them?

DarklyDreamingDexter Sat 02-Mar-19 10:15:13

Do they? I've never heard of anyone disliking someone because of the coffee or smoothie they drink! That would be nuts. You know some weird people! confused

PutyourtoponTrevor Sat 02-Mar-19 10:16:45

The drinks are vile but I'd not have an issue with people who like them

MissBartlettsconscience Sat 02-Mar-19 10:24:49

I don't think I've met anybody who drinks either, at least not to the extent of making a thing of it. I therefore don't dislike people who drink those things at the moment because I don't know them.

By people, do you actually mean newspaper columnists with a deadline and writer's block?

Flyingfish2019 Sat 02-Mar-19 10:25:58

@Darklydreamingdexter Some people I know hold the opinion that all smoothie lovers are healthnuts who want to convert people to their healthy life style. I think this is odd because I never had a smoothie drinker doing this... and if one would ever do it I would think there was wrong with this persons intolerance but not with the drink.

GregoryPeckingDuck Sat 02-Mar-19 10:29:03

Well that’s not a proper macchiato and it’s annoying when you go and order a macchiato and get handed this shit instead. But apart from the proliferation of this coffee perversion I don’t see anything wrong with ‘macchiato’ drinkers. Smoothie drinkers never even crossed my mind.

Singlenotsingle Sat 02-Mar-19 10:30:12

Do they? You know some strange people.

Flyingfish2019 Sat 02-Mar-19 10:36:11

@Singlenotsingle Some do. It is even used in political discussion. Remember how Howard Dean was called was called latte drinking by the American Republicans? However you might think of him: why not discuss his political opinions instead of his drink?

BlackForestCake Sat 02-Mar-19 11:09:20

You (rightly) can't get away with implying a political rival is gay any more, so "latte drinkers" carries the same sort of meaning to the same sort of voters who were likely to be bothered by someone being gay.

Latte-drinking, effeminate, unpatriotic all means pretty much the same to those people.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: