Talk

Advanced search

Had only else been struck down with this illness?

(10 Posts)
Toughtips Sat 02-Mar-19 06:47:18

It's hit me like a tonne of bricks!

Achey, shivery, thick head, temperature, heart palpitations, feeling sick.

Had it for 3 days now. Was hoping it was only going to be 24hr.

Sally2791 Sat 02-Mar-19 06:58:23

If it's the one going round here it lasts 2-3 weeks. Feels like it's getting better then comes back. Don't fight it just rest and drink lots of water

Trumpton Sat 02-Mar-19 07:06:06

Oh it’s foul. Still coughing up yuk 3 weeks later !
Look after yourself . I was in bed for 4 days . Unheard of for me.

Toughtips Sat 02-Mar-19 07:06:48

Oh god. Can't cope with that. I can hardly breathe properly without it hurting yet I have no signs of chest infection or even a runny nose

SerenDippitty Sat 02-Mar-19 07:12:36

Doesn’t sound like the one I’ve had which hit on Tuesday night. Terrible sore throat and feeling shit, on Wednesday morning felt like I was dying, burning up literally could not move from bed. Thursday morning felt a bit better, spent some time downstairs on sofa but woke up Friday with my chest on fire and sounding like a 50 a day smoker. Now I’m feeling catarrhy and throat still sore and a really irritating tickly cough.Anyone else had this?

Hope you’re feeling better soon OP.

woodwaj Sat 02-Mar-19 07:14:56

Swap sickness for sore throat and yes! It was awful I'm just feeling better a round 3 weeks later! I wish I'd got a note and rested more!

Toughtips Sat 02-Mar-19 07:33:52

I've been on antibiotics for an infection and my body feels like I've been hit by a bus. Paracetamol takes the edge off but I was absolutely freezing last night and now I'm sweating. Rubbish.

Fiveredbricks Sat 02-Mar-19 07:35:21

It's called flu 🤨

Toughtips Sat 02-Mar-19 07:41:31

I had flu as a teen n had the chest infection and runny nose to boot. This time I just feel sick hot and achey.

cinderfrickingrella Sat 02-Mar-19 09:16:22

I did. Lasted 3 weeks. Was awful.

Even though I didn't have runny nose, etc, I found sinus tablets helped the most.

I really feel for you. Had so many different stages for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »