Talk

Advanced search

MIL ...

(45 Posts)
B0bb Fri 01-Mar-19 20:13:23

Sooo the first 4 months of my pregnancy have been very nervy and exciting. I'm now 16 weeks and so many days, we are expecting a boy and we are being regularly monitored. Kept close family in the loop as u do and so far so good.

Today out of stupidity I noticed my MIL's photo on my WhatsApp had disappeared, never thought anything of it... then I saw a post pop up on fb with my MIL on and I clicked on her profile... low and behold I'd been deleted ?? I have no idea why I haven't seen her since Christmas, hubby has kept her in the loop with everything and now I'm off her fb. I called the hubby out on it and he instantly messaged his mom. A few minutes later it's no I never.... hmm. So who did then? I've had this happen before anddd when I tried to add her she declined, this was a few years ago. Don't get it really don't. I know some people say it's only your MIL but I haven't done bugger all.

Just needed to rant envy lol!

Windinmyhair Fri 01-Mar-19 20:16:55

Has she announced your pregnancy to all and sundry without you knowing?

Would be my first thought.

EyeOfTheTigger Fri 01-Mar-19 20:19:20

How's your relationship with her generally OP? Do you usually get on ok? I assume she was excited about the pregnancy?

B0bb Fri 01-Mar-19 20:19:29

@Windinmyhair no idea. We announced on Wednesday after a scan because we just wanted to be sure and I'm getting bigger.

Totally boggled hmm...

B0bb Fri 01-Mar-19 20:22:06

@EyeOfTheTigger yeah I mean it's normal, I have no bother with her same as her with me. Hubby always kept her in the loop, haven't spoken to her for about a week or so..

Don't get it, I think I'm just annoyed because as far as I know I haven't done anything if I'd of done something I'd understand

FiveLittlePigs Fri 01-Mar-19 20:27:34

Social Media, eh. The cause of many miscommunications and misunderstandings.

B0bb Fri 01-Mar-19 20:29:40

@FiveLittlePigs it is indeed.. I know it sounds silly - prob hormones. Just needed to rant

EyeOfTheTigger Fri 01-Mar-19 20:31:27

Has she added you back after it was pointed out you'd been deleted? If it was all innocent (can't see how it was) then she shouldn't mind re-adding you.

FiveLittlePigs Fri 01-Mar-19 20:33:40

@B0bb Sorry. I think my comment was a bit blunt. Nothing meant by it, I promise! flowers

B0bb Fri 01-Mar-19 20:35:17

@EyeOfTheTigger no she hasn't lol. Somethings triggered it off but I don't know what. Honestly haven't spoken to her, I feel ever since we had our scan she's deleted me, maybe because she knew I'd announce ?

B0bb Fri 01-Mar-19 20:36:23

@FiveLittlePigs no it's fine, no worries smile

Member984815 Fri 01-Mar-19 20:49:04

Did u tell her at the same time as others or earlier , maybe she's annoyed that she didn't know from day 1 of pregnancy

Littletreasure2017 Fri 01-Mar-19 20:52:43

Seems really odd to me, could she be jealous? Mil's can get like that!! Mine did and it split me and dp up for a while xx

ffiffi8 Fri 01-Mar-19 20:57:02

I pray for the day my mil would delete me on Facebook... 😢🙌🏼

TabbyMumz Fri 01-Mar-19 20:58:12

Probably best you dont have her on fb.

hidinginthenightgarden Fri 01-Mar-19 21:03:13

Does she "approve" of the pregnancy?
If you were FB friends before the announcement and she has deleted you since, I would guess she doesn't want people around her to know.

B0bb Fri 01-Mar-19 21:11:49

@Member984815 she knew when we told everyone else - family wise

hiphopapotamuses Fri 01-Mar-19 21:13:27

Who can even be bothered with passive aggressive rubbish like this. Just let her crack on with her strop and learn to care less about it. She clearly has issues if she can't discuss a perceived problem with you like an adult...

B0bb Fri 01-Mar-19 21:13:55

I dunno guys.. it is odd yes but the last time we spoke was 2 weeks ago. Maybe it is best I don't have her on there, got a party next Sunday so let's see if she talks to me....

Aquamarine1029 Fri 01-Mar-19 21:14:19

Honestly, why even care? You have more important things to concern yourself with, surely.

GreatDuckCookery6211 Fri 01-Mar-19 21:19:59

Has your husband been deleted by his mum?

HaudYerWheeshtYaWeeBellend Fri 01-Mar-19 21:22:21

Is she tech savvy... my own mum deleted me, she thought she was adding me grin

2birds1stone Fri 01-Mar-19 21:35:40

A close relative deleted me.... I didn't notice for 3 months because they will still tagging other close family members and also messaging me and being nice.

I found it quite funny especially as I hadn't noticed.....

Kill her with kindness

TowelNumber42 Fri 01-Mar-19 21:50:30

Some people find other people's posts annoying. My BIL defriended most of the family. He only really likes following people into his hobbies (and me because I very rarely post). Fair enough. Maybe MIL uses social media like that?

Different people use social media different ways. Always always ignore any blocking or unfriending. Except if it's your spouse and you already suspect dodgy carry on.

TowelNumber42 Fri 01-Mar-19 21:53:45

I apparently caused great offence by not accepting my dad's girlfriend's connection request on LinkedIn. She's never had anything even remotely to do with what I do for a living. How's she going to rate me on business strategy or data science when she gets that question, eh?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »