Talk

Advanced search

To not want to go out tonight?

(8 Posts)
stitchwitch84 Fri 01-Mar-19 17:55:04

Fairly lighthearted thread intended!

I am due at my church choir practice tonight. It will be Good For Me. It will Take Me Out Of Myself and Buck Me Up. I know it will!

But I had a (very very early but still sad) miscarriage on Wednesday and I am still feeling very sensitive and I don't want to go out!

My husband will be going regardless (he has to, he's the vicar) but I do sort of have the option of not going.

I know it will do me good. It will be therapeutic, I will see my friends, I will get out of the house. I will probably go.

AIBU not to want to go though???

Funkyslippers Fri 01-Mar-19 17:56:36

No of course you're not BU. It might do you good but if you feel you might burst into tears it might be best to stay at home. Only you know how you feel and I'm sure your husband understands

edgen2019 Fri 01-Mar-19 17:58:50

Sorry for your loss Stitch, take a step back for a little while and then you may be better equipped to make decisions. I wish you well.

BusySnipingOnCallOfDuty Fri 01-Mar-19 17:59:35

Can't answer this for you. It would do you good but if you did break down, are you comfortable to tell people why? I'm sorry for your loss x

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 01-Mar-19 18:01:07

Do they know? Ithink it will be hard to put on a brave face and be jolly when you’re really not feeling like it. Sorry for your loss OP.

Purpleartichoke Fri 01-Mar-19 18:01:30

Personally, I would do better if I stayed home. That is my personality. I need downtime and privacy to heal.

stitchwitch84 Fri 01-Mar-19 18:04:32

Thanks for the replies! I did skive the PCC meeting last night (because the cat whining for her dinner made me cry!) but I'm feeling more robust today. I just want to curl up in bed, though! Which is unlike me, but then so is getting annoyed at my annual report and throwing a notebook across the room, which I did earlier, so I suspect I'm sadder about the miscarriage than I think I am.

For reference, the director of music knows but nobody else. It might be a bit much, tbh. I'll have a think whether I can manage a compromise - it's a friend's birthday and there are drinks planned for afterwards, and I feel guilty that I don't want to go!

Marlena1 Fri 01-Mar-19 18:05:41

So sorry OP, do whatever makes you most comfortable. Choir will still be there next week xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: