Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to look to Mumsnetters for some inspiration

(2 Posts)
DownToTheSeaAgain Fri 01-Mar-19 17:02:59

The last 12 months have been a funny one for my family and me. We've done some exciting things whilst also going through some fairly hardcore challenging moments. It's caused me to rethink what I am going to do with the next bit of my life and in the short term resulted in me largely stopping my WFH to concentrate on the needs of my family.I miss the money but not the work. We can get by without it in the short term at least.

My question is really if you have been in a similar situation what things have you done to keep you motivated and inspired. Doesn't need to be big. Just being mindful for 5 mins a day might do the trick. I don't know.

For background I already volunteer for a youth based organisation although this is currently more than a trial than enjoyable. I have x4 DC 9 - 14 and am pretty happily married considering we've been together more than 20 years. I do have a long term - it will never go away - mental health problem but apart from this I consider myself very fortunate at my lot in life. I just don't want to start resenting those I love so tips for bringing joy would be really appreciated.

Cottipus Fri 01-Mar-19 20:08:25

When I moved from a tough FT job to an easier PT job I found a lot of joy in feeding the birds in the garden, getting new feeders, photographing them (DH already had fancy camera and lenses etc) and researching all the different species. I also studied on my days off.

I now have a young DC so have my hands full at the moment but once she’s a bit older I can’t wait to start again and teach her about all the different birds.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »