Talk

Advanced search

To tell him he is crap

(63 Posts)
notagoodidea Fri 01-Mar-19 16:06:27

I have a male Maine Coon, the largest domestic cat breed there is, who currently weighs about 10 kg and isn't fat. Earlier in the week we got a tad concerned as he wasn't eating, not moving around much and yowling when we tried to pick him up. As concerned owner's we took him to the vet to be told he'd been fighting, had obviously lost and was now sulking! £60 and some precautionary antibiotics later AIBU to think he's a bit crap, a bit of a wuss and needs a stern talking to? grin

WonkoTheSane42 Fri 01-Mar-19 16:08:52

My Maine Coon is also a total pussy.

DontCallMeCharlotte Fri 01-Mar-19 16:09:51

My Maine Coon is also a total pussy.

grin

chaoscategorised Fri 01-Mar-19 16:14:56

One of mine ended up with a vet's visit after being out of sorts for days, to be told he was just a bit warm cos it was summer. grin

Aprilshowersarecomingsoon Fri 01-Mar-19 16:19:37

Be grateful op!! My ddog has cost me £400 this fortnight for tablets and a blood test!!

Soubriquet Fri 01-Mar-19 16:27:14

gringrin

Bless him

Reminds me of the time that someone took their dog to the vet because he kept limping...he wanted to be carried and had enough walking

notagoodidea Fri 01-Mar-19 16:33:03

Aprilshowersarecomingsoon £400 owch. It's not even the £60 although a lot of money for nothing, it is the 3 days he sulked for, moping about and lying around perfecting his depressed cat pose, while being 3x as big as all the other cats around here.

Filbert7 Fri 01-Mar-19 16:37:40

Toxic mainscoonlinity.

(Apologies blush)

howwillwedeal Fri 01-Mar-19 16:38:34

He's a lover not a fighter....YABVU!

TooManyPaws Fri 01-Mar-19 16:43:01

My cat came home miserable and totally covered in mud. He was in shock and cost just under £100 at the vet who was most impressed that I'd managed to get some of the mud off - threw him in a full bath, he thrashed about like a washing machine, crawled out, repeat several times. We reckoned that he'd got too close to the cows and got stomped, luckily into very soft clay mud.

Lifecraft Fri 01-Mar-19 16:44:45

we took him to the vet to be told he'd been fighting, had obviously lost and was now sulking! £60 and some precautionary antibiotics later AIBU to think he's a bit crap, a bit of a wuss and needs a stern talking to?

Outrageous. You vet should not be fighting when he's got customers to see, and if he does get into fights and loses, he should still come to the surgery and not sulk in front of customers.

User6949671 Fri 01-Mar-19 16:50:26

£180 for an emergency vet trip for the dog who was crying and limping to find out she was just being a drama queen about falling in a tractor rutt and a treat from the vet fixed all.
Pets are worse than kids I'm sure!!

JaneyJimplin Fri 01-Mar-19 16:52:37

Proper lol @Filbert7

Are Maine coons allowed out then? Stupid question. I assumed they were housecats, probably because I've never met one.

IWonderedLonelyAsACloud Fri 01-Mar-19 16:56:11

YABVU for not posting a picture of the cat.

muchprefersummer Fri 01-Mar-19 16:58:43

Just had to google a Maine coon - wtf - they're massive!!! I've seen smaller tigers!grin

Rrxox Fri 01-Mar-19 16:58:56

I’m also the owner of an unfortunately mild mannered.. possibly a little dim.. cat.

He’s huge, giant head on him.. apparently an oriental cross, so he shouts like a toddler in a tantrum for seemingly no reason. He kept getting into “fights” with local cats but I couldn’t work out how he always came off so bad, initially I thought he was being ganged up on by a mob of giant farm cats. But he barely goes beyond next doors drive so unlikely..

I discovered him sat at the back of the garden like an ornament staring confused at this TINY pocket sized kitty who was having a full on bitch fit ready to maul him.. while he’s sat like “what on earth are you doing friend”

He wasn’t being abused by a gang of big mean cats... he wasn’t moving or listening to one tiny cranky cat. Seriously it was the size of him at like 12 weeks old.

notagoodidea Fri 01-Mar-19 17:06:56

He likes to go out, joins in when we throw a ball for the dog, not quite got the hang of it yet as he runs along with the dog untill he finds a good spot then waits for the dog to come back past him so he can launch an ambush. The dog usually doesn't even notice as he is going full pelt and is past before the ambush happens, so there is just a cat in mid air looking confused at his rapidly retreating prey that he has completely missed. He then snuggles down to try again for the next pass. Then when we go back in he will saunter off as if he was not interested at all and was just observing the antics of the dog, not something any self respecting cat would concern himself with. Comes back when he is ready

ThatLibraryMiss Fri 01-Mar-19 17:26:20

I had a Maine Coon who played Fetch with a little sponge ball, and another who followed me from room to room like a dog. They're great cats.

The easiest way I've found to wash a cat is in a shower cubicle, because they can't escape. They make a lot of noise though; much piteous wailing.

notagoodidea Fri 01-Mar-19 17:32:03

When he was a little younger with offspring the elder

notagoodidea Fri 01-Mar-19 18:46:09

Was about a year old, is a little bigger now

SweepTheHalls Fri 01-Mar-19 18:49:03

Bloody hell. I had no idea cats came that big!

ScreamingValenta Fri 01-Mar-19 18:49:12

Wow! He's magnificent! No wonder his pride was a little dented.

ScreamingValenta Fri 01-Mar-19 18:50:30

... he is a domestic cat, not an albino lion cub, I take it? wink

Aprilshowersarecomingsoon Fri 01-Mar-19 18:59:32

Both nice specimens op!! What a handsome lad you have!!

notagoodidea Fri 01-Mar-19 19:15:58

Thanks Aprilshowersarecomingsoon I will tell offspring the elder, not sure sulky one deserves any compliments just yet though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: