Talk

Advanced search

To scared...

(6 Posts)
jade19 Thu 28-Feb-19 22:25:11

This could be a long one but i will try to not drip feed.
After my eldest son was born I had some tests run as i was bleeding heavily postpartum for about 8 weeks. They did some observations of my cervix and saw I had an abrasion. Nothing was done and I went on with things.
About 2 months ago I had some pains, 'down there' That concerned me so I went to the doctors and they told me that they touched my cervix and it bled very heavily and that they wanted to refer me to gyne. Gyne have sent me to the colposcy ( I'm not sure how you spell it.) to have some tests on some cells that shouldn't be there.
I have a history of cervical cancer ( my nan passed away from it.) and I'm absolutely shitting myself. The woman from gyne says she isn't concerned, but I can't help but worry. I keep telling myself I'm making something out of nothing.
Would you be worried? Am I just being silly and need to give my self a good kick?

BooRadley35 Fri 01-Mar-19 08:54:51

Its natural to be scared but try not to worry. They will look for abnormal cells. If there is anything there they will either biopsy or remove them. Do you regularly go for your smear tests?

I've been for multiple colposcopys (spl). They have all been pain free and over very quickly. I had some cells removed on the last one and had to go for 6 monthly smears after but all clear now.

Try not to worry - easier said than done i know.

BusySnipingOnCallOfDuty Fri 01-Mar-19 09:32:37

Theres a few things which can make the cervix sore and bleed more, i looked one up the other day. So fingers crossed thats all it is x

FullOfJellyBeans Fri 01-Mar-19 09:37:22

I think most people would worry - not because there's probably something major wrong just because it's natural to worry about medical things like this. It sounds like in all likelihood there's something minor going on but to be safe the medical team are being diligent and investigating thoroughly.

theconstantinoplegardener Fri 01-Mar-19 09:49:05

Are you up to date with your smear tests? Have they been normal? How old is your eldest son?

SeenYourArse Fri 01-Mar-19 10:32:39

Could be an Ectropian (a collection of cells growing outside the cervix from within it) I have this and am currently 20 weeks pregnant with my second it bleeds occasionally but requires no treatment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »