Talk

Advanced search

To take away DD's wedding dreams?

(81 Posts)
PutsFootInIt Thu 28-Feb-19 22:10:18

My daughter had a tantrum last night because I told her she couldn't be the mother of the bride at my wedding to her father. She's 3. Should I just dress her up in a pastel dress and matching jacket and put a fascinator on her head?

MollyYouInDangerGirl Sat 02-Mar-19 09:43:09

Aww I love all these stories!

DoubleNegativePanda Sat 02-Mar-19 16:14:48

Wow, I'm quite awed that my sister Frodo is so well remembered here grin My mother was worried that the brown clothes she chose to wear under her cloak made her look dumpy, but the fact is that hobbits are kind of dumpy and frodo was particularly ragged and unkempt. I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture but our rings were hanging from ribbon in the circle.of her staff.

DoubleNegativePanda Sat 02-Mar-19 16:15:59

To the OP: definitely dress your daughter up as a stiff little MOB. You'll cherish the pics forever.

GreenTulips Sat 02-Mar-19 16:20:35

She doesn’t have to attend it’s an invite not a summons’s!

Send her an invite with dress code!

woollyheart Sat 02-Mar-19 16:38:28

Not pastel, make sure she wears white so that she upstages the bride!😀

Frouby Sat 02-Mar-19 16:54:56

My ds (aged 4) actually gave me away. He was originally supposed to walk down the aisle with dd (13) but bottled it and didn't want to walk down the aisle with people looking at him. So said he could hold my hand instead. And didn't have to walk down the aisle at all.

He was quite happy with that. I wasn't being given away anyway so it was all good and all our guests assumed that was his original role.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »