Talk

Advanced search

Siblings with different surnames!

(8 Posts)
Greggers2017 Thu 28-Feb-19 21:47:09

I am pregnant with my 3rd child. Also a step-daughter.
My 2 older children will have a different surname to the other 2 children in the house.
Why do some people think this is a big issue and constantly give me their opinion?
WIBU to tell them to f*ck off and mind their own business?

Shitonthebloodything Thu 28-Feb-19 22:02:36

My kids have different surnames and noone says anything about it. What do they expect you to do about it?
Tell them to fuck off.

FlashingLights101 Thu 28-Feb-19 22:02:50

What is your surname? Is it the same as the older 2 or the younger one and current partner? Obviously it's no one else's business, but I imagine people may be thinking it may alienate the older 2 if the rest of the household has a different name?

Couchpotato3 Thu 28-Feb-19 22:06:24

YWNBU to tell them to FOAMTOB.

I think the good old MN standbys "Did you mean to be so rude?" and "It works for us, thank you" are applicable here.

SardineJam Thu 28-Feb-19 22:07:57

My kids both have different surnames and to be fair hardly anyone bats an eyelid, and I certainly don't justify the reasons to anyone!

Greggers2017 Thu 28-Feb-19 22:09:25

The two older ones have their dads surname. This baby and SD have their dads surname and I am not yet married so have my maiden name still.

earlyrisingcat Thu 28-Feb-19 22:11:18

Wow what a cheek! I mean, yeah it's fab if everyone has the same surname as it just makes life easier all round. But LOADS of families have multiple surnames, so I don't feel like it's that weird or rare. In fact, it's more rare for both people in the couple AND all the kids to have the same surname!

i would just say 'what a bizarre thing to get hung up about!' with a confused look.

Greggers2017 Fri 01-Mar-19 06:28:40

What some people get annoyed abput is so silly 🤷‍♀️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: