Talk

Advanced search

Vasectomy Disclosure

(3 Posts)
Gronky Thu 28-Feb-19 18:36:17

I'm not usually the earwigging type and, if I did overhear this sort of thing, I wouldn't normally repeat it. That said, the couple in question seemed very comfortable with vigorously discussing it at a high volume, eventually from opposite ends of the train carriage this evening so I feel it's reasonable to ask the question here.

At what stage in a relationship should a partner disclose that they've had a vasectomy (or a tubal ligation, in the spirit of balance)? In this instance, they'd been together for 6 months and had been physically involved several times (the exact number was disclosed, over my head, at full shout). Both parties professed that they had no interest in children but she 'wanted to have the option' and they had used protection so I'm unclear as to why this was specifically cause for a lively debate (particularly across a carriage full of commuters).

Takethebuscuitandthesink Thu 28-Feb-19 18:57:12

I don’t think there is any right time presumably when the conversation about having kids happens. But I think it’s great that they felt comfortable publicaly talking about it.

Gronky Thu 28-Feb-19 19:10:10

But I think it’s great that they felt comfortable publicaly talking about it.

I was so happy for them I've never been so grateful to have a broadsheet to hand. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: