Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know if it’s easy to get parked at Peterborough station?

(11 Posts)
bbcessex Thu 28-Feb-19 16:40:15

Posting for traffic 🙏🙏

Travelling from Peterborough tomorrow afternoon - need to leave the car for a few days. I’ve never been to Peterborough before... anyone know if the station car park is typically rammed or is it big enough that I am likely to get a space?

Whatafustercluck Thu 28-Feb-19 16:46:04

It's really expensive. There's a much cheaper one on Oundle Road - Fair Meadow car park, a short walk away. If you're ok with paying the station parking charge you should be able to find a space, even if it's in the overflow (near Waitrose).

bbcessex Thu 28-Feb-19 16:52:03

Thank you very much - it’s a work expense so I can claim the station one if space is available

NewName54321 Thu 28-Feb-19 19:00:13

Good advice from PP.
However, check the dates carefully as Pleasure Fair car park is about to close next week for 3 weeks - because the fair will be coming.

TedAndLola Thu 28-Feb-19 19:01:11

YABU

bbcessex Thu 28-Feb-19 19:21:57

Thank you NewName

Thanks TedandLola - I thought I might be 😂

MillytantForceit Thu 28-Feb-19 19:24:23

Station car park is open air.

Queensgate Shopping Centre Car Park across the road is covered.

bbcessex Thu 28-Feb-19 19:41:31

Thank you Millytant 👍👍

rhinobaby Thu 28-Feb-19 19:55:10

It’s fine to leave your car at Peterborough station, plus there is a weekender ticket rate. You have to pay hourly at queensgate. There is cctv in the car park. There should be loads of spaces on a Friday afternoon. It’s numberplate recognition so no tickets, you just pay at the machine on your way back and it’s not closed at night. It doesn’t feel unsafe ( obviously no car park is totally risk free)

GregoryPeckingDuck Thu 28-Feb-19 19:59:22

The car park is big and there is usually space because it’s so expensive. The holiday inn across the road also lets you park there for a lesser fee but it’s more secure.

bbcessex Sun 03-Mar-19 23:57:23

Thank you all 👍👍 successful journey - found a space toward the front (but away from premier), all for £17 for Fri - Sunday which was good , I thought.

Windy drive home though 😱😱😱

Thanks again 👍

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »