Talk

Advanced search

To shout at strangers??

(47 Posts)
ps1991 Thu 28-Feb-19 16:15:27

A bit of a rant really! 6weeks ago I had my first baby and since then my eyes have been opened to how rude and inconsiderate people can be!

I feel like I want to scream at random people I see parking in parent and child spaces without a child! Or people who don’t move over to one side of the pavement! The people who don’t hold the door for the pushchair! And people parking on the curb!!!

AIBU to moan at these people?!?!?

Dontstepinthecowpat Thu 28-Feb-19 16:18:20

Oh no, at 6 weeks post partum I’d worry you won’t be emotionally ready for the responses you will get.

It’s known as PFB, don’t worry you will get over it I promise grin

Gatehouse77 Thu 28-Feb-19 16:18:54

It will be a thankless and exhausting existence if you do.
Pick your battles carefully.

Birdsgottafly Thu 28-Feb-19 16:19:10

The Parent and Child spaces, you would be out of order.

You don't know if the person using them is disabled and therefore is entitled to use them.

The rest is a matter of manners, which I've stopped expecting and it's a nice surprise when it happens.

janetforpresident Thu 28-Feb-19 16:30:53

Imagine being in a wheelchair. For you it's a few years for them it's life.

Some people are and will always be insensitive just roll your eyes at them but remember for all you know there may be a reason they are behaving like this that isn't visible so I would not yell and make a scene, what if you yell at someone who's just had a bereavement for example?

WorraLiberty Thu 28-Feb-19 16:33:07

You'll just end up exhausted and very angry all of the time.

I'm not sure that's how you want your child to see their mum, is it?

Maybe better to focus on the majority (who are generally fairly polite and often helpful) rather than the minority of rude/ignorant people.

CurbsideProphet Thu 28-Feb-19 16:34:41

My sister used to say similar. I tried to remind her that someone using a wheelchair / is visually impaired / has another disability will have a lifetime of people being considerate, she will only notice it for a short while.

JacquesHammer Thu 28-Feb-19 16:35:10

I feel like I want to scream at random people I see parking in parent and child spaces without a child! Or people who don’t move over to one side of the pavement! The people who don’t hold the door for the pushchair! And people parking on the curb!!!

You seem very angry. Is everything else ok?

Things can be annoying if you let them be. Ask for help, people are happy to. And don’t let minutiae irritate you. Life is much happier!

StopMakingAFoolOutofMe Thu 28-Feb-19 16:35:41

If you shouted at me for parking in a P&C space when I'm disabled and am entitled to park there, you'd better have a hard hat on.

Sirzy Thu 28-Feb-19 16:36:59

Is it really worth getting angry about?

I think you need to remember it’s nice if people help you out but they don’t have to.

Ds is in a wheelchair, you very quickly become an expert in opening doors with your bum!

WorraLiberty Thu 28-Feb-19 16:37:25

Actually come to think of it, shouting at people really increases your risk of getting a slap.

I wouldn't do it if I were you, especially with the baby there.

stayathomer Thu 28-Feb-19 16:44:17

My sil used to do this all the time, it just got her het up and angry. It was almost funny at times but awful. Most of the time people don't mean to do stuff like that, they're tired or sick or life is tough or they're having a bad day. I'd echo the poster above, are you okay OP?

eastwestnorth Thu 28-Feb-19 16:53:41

Hadn't you noticed bad manners before?

Lala503 Thu 28-Feb-19 16:56:40

I mean yes the things you mention have annoyed me slightly since having a baby. Probably not enough to shout at anyone...

Antonin Thu 28-Feb-19 16:58:06

You are harming yourself more than the object of your anger OP. Your blood pressure is being raised and you have to cope with aggressive responses. Just concentrate on your PFB and how fortunate you are to have him/her, to have a car and to have a future to look forward to.
If others behave badly they will get their comeuppance sometime — it’s not your responsibility to police them

edgen2019 Thu 28-Feb-19 17:01:03

ps1991 - I always open doors for mums with pushchairs/prams to walk through, but I rarely get thanked.

JenniferJareau Thu 28-Feb-19 17:02:21

Some people are just plain rude. Shouting at them won't change that and could just get you into a confrontation

iamthere123 Thu 28-Feb-19 17:07:33

I honestly think that most people - particularly if they've not had children, don't always think about it and how much trickier it is. My mum, pre children, was always moaning about the mums with babies that were up town at lunchtime when she had jobs to do in her lunch hour. It was only when she had a baby that she said she realised they were up there then because it literally takes that long to get a baby out the door! Just deep breath and, think that one day their day will come, either as a new parent or as an elderly person!

Treaclesweet Thu 28-Feb-19 17:07:54

What's PFB?

Personally sleep deprivation makes me very rageful...
Try not to concentrate on the wankers of the world you won't change them.

PrtScn Thu 28-Feb-19 17:08:04

I didn’t realise until having a baby just how annoying this kind of thing is. Having to wheel a pram around cars parked on pavements and dodging dog poo. I didn’t appreciate how difficult it is trying to get a car seat in and out of a normal parking space either. I made a sarcastic comment once to a lone builder who parked his van in a P&C space next to me. He told me to fuck off. To be fair he must have felt guilty about it as he came back to apologise shortly after, but now I just give people death glares instead rather than pick them up on their behaviour. Far less stressful and safer.

ScreamingValenta Thu 28-Feb-19 17:08:35

Or people who don’t move over to one side of the pavement!

Have you tried saying 'excuse me?'

cantfindname Thu 28-Feb-19 17:11:07

I wonder how you would have coped if you had your children 20 years or so ago? There were no such thing as P&C parking spaces! We just all mucked along together and seemed to manage without all the current angst.

BossAssBitch Thu 28-Feb-19 17:16:00

Oh do get over yourself hmm the world doesn’t actually revolve around you now just because you have a baby

crispysausagerolls Thu 28-Feb-19 17:20:53

I assume when people do move over for your buggy, you say thank you?! I am constantly enraged by entitled mothers who expect everyone to assist them but do not appreciate it (and I say this as someone with a baby).

Bigonesmallone3 Thu 28-Feb-19 17:24:44

Get used to it love..

Congrats..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »