Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think you can get headaches due to the weather?

(36 Posts)
Aberforthsgoat Thu 28-Feb-19 15:17:47

I’m on a roll with threads today - can you tell I have a day to myself!!grin

I get what I refer to as oppression or tension headaches, like oppressive pressure from above. Had them all my life and I get them when it gets really overcast with black clouds, when it’s stormy or particularly cloudy with angry black clouds.
My mum gets them and her mum used to get them to.

DH thinks I’m stark raving mad and that there can not possibly be any correlation between the weather and a headache but it happens EVERY time and that’s the only real time I get them.

Sometimes I can accurately predict it’s going to storm or get darker/rain because of the feeling of oppression.

AIBU? Or do other people get this too!

TwoRoundabouts Thu 28-Feb-19 18:06:46

I have chronic sinusitis so yes I get headaches with low pressure.

Aberforthsgoat Thu 28-Feb-19 18:06:57

@fiveredbricks that sounds really interesting do you have a link?

SurgeHopper Thu 28-Feb-19 18:08:07

Of course. It's a well known phenomenon

Aberforthsgoat Thu 28-Feb-19 18:29:35

Dh is genuinely shocked so many people have the same grin
And sheepish

Papillon45 Thu 28-Feb-19 18:32:36

I get asthma attacks when there’s a lot of pressure/when a storms coming in addition to the headaches 😩

MarieIVanArkleStinks Thu 28-Feb-19 18:36:35

Yes! I get this it too: I call it my 'Thunder-Head'. It's not a headache and I've never suffered from migraines, but do get a sense of light-headedness and pressure around my temples when there's going to be an electric storm or a very heavy cloudburst. I can often predict rain or a storm about 10 minutes before it happens, sort of like I'm a human barometer who can feel when the air pressure drops rapidly!

DH calls me the weather witch smile

Aberforthsgoat Thu 28-Feb-19 19:29:33

I like that name! I may adopt it

These were the clouds causing mine today

cushioncovers Thu 28-Feb-19 19:31:26

^Yep, it’s the low pressure

I get them with those bleak, grey days when you can’t even see the sky cos it’s that murky colour^

Yep I get this on those days all through the spring and summersad

MoBiroBo Thu 28-Feb-19 19:35:37

Me too. Dark cloud means headaches for me.

passtheloveon Thu 28-Feb-19 19:37:50

I have headaches when it’s raining.The official term is barometric pressure headache.You are definitely not stark raving mad 👍

Aberforthsgoat Thu 28-Feb-19 20:34:03

I didn’t realise that was the official name
That sounds better than my vague descriptions!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »