Talk

Advanced search

Should I continue to complain? DPD driver is still being rude but agree to do his work

(88 Posts)
MrsHou Thu 28-Feb-19 13:09:54

my local DPD driver is always the same guy and his work logic/ethic is bad and he is rude.

we had fight about he refuse to carry my parcel to my flat for me. he said " you can do it yourself" I said " no, it's heavy." he said "so?" then I call DPD customer service to complain about him being rude and try not to finish his work.

the second time he deliver my parcel, he made a joke of the light weigh parcel is heavy. and the third time he leave my heavy parcel RIGHT outside my flat and refuse to bring it in for me. So, I contact a DPD high level manager to complaint again.

today when the DPD driver come over. he said you don't have to complaint about me to my company you can just said " can you please help me" and he told some lie to find excuse of him not able to carry my parcel upstair to my flat for me. he said once he step in my flat, he breaks the company rule. BUT he agree to leave my parcel in the flat without step in my flat.

I am not sure if I should continue to complain about him.I am sure I have to deal with DPD driver a lot in future. because some online shop I always go to don't give me option to choose other company. I am really tired of this guy. he's rude and his work logic is bad. dealing with him in future really makes me uncomfortable. I don't know if he will make any other mess in future.
BUT he agree to deliver my parcel in my flat in future. If I still complain about him and his company doesn't change this guy. then, I am afraid I have to deal with an angry DPD driver in future. I really don't know how to handle this situation.

Bigonesmallone3 Thu 28-Feb-19 13:13:16

This is this mans livelihood and you sound pretty entitled, accept you parcels with manners or use a designated safe place and let the poor bloke get on with his day..

BruceAndNosh Thu 28-Feb-19 13:14:13

Unless it's furniture, I've never asked a delivery person to deliver past my front door

DamonSalvatoresDinner Thu 28-Feb-19 13:14:31

Complain to the sender that the courier they're employing is not delivering to your address, just to your building. It's not your duty to meet the driver to get your parcel.

minionsrule Thu 28-Feb-19 13:14:51

Sohe brings it to your door but won't bring it actually into your flat.... is that the sum of it?
Sorry i think yabu, his job is to deliver it to your door, then it is your responsibilty to take it from there.
If he brought it in and knocked something over and broke it he probably isn't insured for that. Also some companies do have rules saying they can't enter a property

DamonSalvatoresDinner Thu 28-Feb-19 13:15:15

Though he shouldn't need to bring it inside your house/flat. That bit is entitled.

AuntieCJ Thu 28-Feb-19 13:16:15

You sound like a nightmare. Stop it.

FallenSky Thu 28-Feb-19 13:16:21

I order online, driver arrives, I open door, take parcel from driver, possibly sign for it, say thanks, close the door. Not quite sure why you expect the driver to take it inside for you? Does he bring it to your front door?

DamonSalvatoresDinner Thu 28-Feb-19 13:17:25

Apologies, I misread. I thought your complaint was that he was not delivering to your door (ie he was leaving it at the entrance to the block of flats and refusing to deliver to your flat door)

minionsrule Thu 28-Feb-19 13:17:38

If he is just delivering to the main entrance of the flats and not your actual front door yanbu but not sure what you can do about it other than using a diff website that uses diff couriers

DoneLikeAKipper Thu 28-Feb-19 13:18:27

Do you have physical disabilities that mean you can’t carry heavier items?

bibbityboppity Thu 28-Feb-19 13:19:56

I actually know someone who worked for DPD and they're not allowed to enter a property. You're being ridiculous to expect him to carry it in for you, do it your bloody self 🙄

whiteroseredrose Thu 28-Feb-19 13:22:11

I suspect OP is on a higher floor in a block of flats so the delivery man buzzes the main door and the OP has to go down to open it.

Even so, I'd expect a parcel to be handed over then I'd carry it upstairs myself.

Sparklesocks Thu 28-Feb-19 13:24:37

Sorry if he has been rude to you, but I must admit I have only ever had delivery people put parcels inside my home if they’re furniture (and normally that’s part of the delivery fee anyway). What sort of things are you ordering regularly which you can’t carry?
He has now agreed to take your parcels to your flat, what else are you looking to complain about? Are you hoping if you complain enough they’ll sack him and replace him?

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Thu 28-Feb-19 13:25:11

I really don't know how to handle this situation.

Carry your own parcel ?

Pringlemunchers Thu 28-Feb-19 13:26:25

I think he has been very reasonable with you tbh. Don't order really heavy parcels that you can't manage, wait till you have help.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 28-Feb-19 13:27:56

Our local DPD man is called Gordon and he is lovely.
<irrelevant >

Sparklesocks Thu 28-Feb-19 13:31:21

Another thing to consider is that couriers often have many deliveries in a day, they need to run on a tight schedule to get everything delivered within their time frame. Most likely he has time allocated per delivery, and he might not have the extra time to come in/up the stairs to deliver to individual flats in case he starts running late.

viccat Thu 28-Feb-19 13:32:16

When I lived in flats, I used to go to the front door of the property (not my flat door) to get my parcels and brought them upstairs. The only memorable exception was ordering furniture from Argos and asking the delivery guy for help because I wouldn't have been able to carry it anywhere.

Delivery drivers usually have a very tight schedule and at least a 100 parcels if not more to delivery every day so anything that takes extra time is really not great, and if you ask for an extra favour occasionally (with the very heavy parcels) you should at least do it with gratitude.

NotACleverName Thu 28-Feb-19 13:34:24

I am afraid I have to deal with an angry DPD driver in future. I really don't know how to handle this situation.

Stop complaining? And unless your arms have fallen off carry your own bloody parcels.

LeekMunchingSheepShagger Thu 28-Feb-19 13:36:55

He isn't allowed to enter your property. Stop being ridiculous.

Biancadelrioisback Thu 28-Feb-19 13:37:16

I don't understand. So you want him to bring it in your property? Will you also complain if he leaves it in the hallway instead of the living room? Do you want it on the dining room table? I don't understand why your front door is any different to your hallway?
Even when I lived in flats I never expected it to be brought to my door

Billballbaggins Thu 28-Feb-19 13:37:39

What is the actual problem you say he is coming to your door (the building door or your door?) but it reads like you want him to actually put parcels into your flat? Just stop complaining.

hastingsmua1 Thu 28-Feb-19 13:46:24

Doesn’t sound like English is OP’s first language. Things might be different in other countries but in the UK, parcel delivery drivers don’t typically bring parcels inside people’s houses or up flights of stairs like you want unfortunately. Especially if it’s heavy. Delivery couriers are also under massive time pressure by their company/customers so tend to deliver things as quickly as possible and move on to the next customer else they will get sanctioned or paid a pittance.

When I lived in a flat, deliveries were sent to the communal entrance (reception) where I would collect them and take them to my own front door. You call this bad ‘work ethic’ - sorry what? You’re not paying him extra to go the extra mile for you are you? You’re not tipping him? Again, it’s not standard for delivery drivers to carry heavy shit up flights of stairs. He probably makes around minimum wage - realistically how exactly does this ‘work ethic’ benefit him apart from wasting his time/energy?

Worst case scenario if you keep complaining about him would be that he/DPD refuse to deliver to your property due to all the issues. So this means that you wouldn’t be able to purchase from you favourite retailer online anyway! Also chances are if he’s the only one that delivers DPD parcels to your property, he may be the only DPD driver in your area. So if he doesn’t deliver, no one else will.

He shouldn’t be rude to you though.

MrsHou Thu 28-Feb-19 13:54:23

minionsrule and DamonSalvatoresDinner, I asked the driver to leave my parcel right inside my flat, he doesn't even need to set foot in my flat. because my flat's entry has a bar. if the parcel cross that bar then I won't need to lift it up and bring it in my home. He refused to do it and make it a big deal.

it's not a big problem. but we hate each other already. I think we don't like each other's attitude. I really hope DPD will change this guy. but without complain to the company. I have to always deal with him in future.

I had contact the online shop I always go to. one of them is John Lewis. their computer system choose delivery company for each order. they can't change that and they said if there is a problem with my parcel. I can contact them. But if I contact them to complain about the driver and the parcel is fine. There are not much they can do beside complain about that driver to DPD on behalf of me. That will just make the driver more upset with me and I have more difficult time to deal with him in future.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »