Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think prune haters should be banned?

(41 Posts)
prunesprunesprunes Thu 28-Feb-19 10:39:09

Seriously, they're dried plums.

I'm not eating them to show my superiority over your lunch choices. I'm not eating them as a health kick. I'm not eating them to get over constipation.

I'm eating them because they're SWEET AS FUCK and absolutely delicious.

Why is the world so full of sniggering prune hate? Have any of these people ever actually eaten them? They're just dried plums FFS!!

I suppose if you want a serious AIBU... AIBU to get so unbearably annoyed because when I'm eating dried fruit or ordering a meal without meat in a restaurant, other people often feel the need to make comments or enquiries as to why I'm on a health food kick, or vegetarian (I'm neither)? Why do people get so bloody defensive and interrogative over a sodding raisin?

marvellousnightforamooncup Thu 28-Feb-19 10:40:26

Lol.

Butchyrestingface Thu 28-Feb-19 10:44:07

I don’t like plums. Or prunes.

Get it RIGHT up ye.

BendingSpoons Thu 28-Feb-19 10:46:51

I used to tell my 18m old if she did good swimming she could have two prunes when we got home because she loved them! She ate other food, cake etc, at times but still thought the prunes were a treat.

prunesprunesprunes Thu 28-Feb-19 10:47:13

@Butchy - You're banned. Right now. Go away to some other board and eat a fig. wink

It's ok, I'm calming down now...

SparklyMagpie Thu 28-Feb-19 10:48:01

I think prune lovers should be band

SparklyMagpie Thu 28-Feb-19 10:48:09

*banned

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Thu 28-Feb-19 10:49:34

Ive never eaten a fig

I dont eat prunes or plums

Do I actually have to leave mumsnet... <wails>

endofthelinefinally Thu 28-Feb-19 10:49:45

Ooh. Now I want prunes in red wine.
And I don't have any.sad

Catsandbootsandbootsandcats Thu 28-Feb-19 10:51:33

I don't think I've ever tried prunes. But I don't like any other dried fruit so not sure I'd like them either.

I have tried prune juice. That wasn't good.

Disfordarkchocolate Thu 28-Feb-19 10:55:04

I love prunes and custard, we used to have competitions at school to see who could eat the most.

mogtheexcellent Thu 28-Feb-19 10:55:53

I love prunes. Highlight of any hotel stay is if they have a lovely bowl of prunes at the breakfast buffet.

Yum.

Butchyrestingface Thu 28-Feb-19 10:59:34

Ooh. Now I want prunes in red wine.

That’s a thing?? shock

OP, they’re such ugly wee things. Like bird droppings. How can you bear the visual assault to your senses?

prunesprunesprunes Thu 28-Feb-19 11:05:16

@Butchy - (desperately resists making filthy joke). Don't judge a book by its cover!

@ the rest of you - prune haters, meet door. Door --->

HoppityFrog3 Thu 28-Feb-19 11:08:19

Ewww VOM they're minging!

YABU!!!

Butchyrestingface Thu 28-Feb-19 11:08:30

@Butchy - (desperately resists making filthy joke).

Oh no, please do. I’m all aquiver to hear what filth you can get out of ‘Butchy’. wink

prunesprunesprunes Thu 28-Feb-19 11:10:39

@Butchy - Not a joke about you! A joke about things that look ugly but taste ok... the obvious, really.

Alas I'm not that original (and obviously should be working). Just got a bit hot under the collar about my darling prunes.

vickibee Thu 28-Feb-19 11:14:25

I alos like prunes, put them in my porridge or just eat them straight from packet.

Butchyrestingface Thu 28-Feb-19 11:19:14

@Butchy - Not a joke about you! A joke about things that look ugly but taste ok... the obvious, really.

😱 Have to disagree with you on that front too, I’m afraid. Looks ugly, and tastes even worse.

I’d rather take the risk with a prune.

userschmoozer Thu 28-Feb-19 11:20:36

Why why why would you eat prunes when apricots exist?

spicygirl26 Thu 28-Feb-19 11:21:52

God I haven't had them for ages and I love them! I remember at Christmas my mom
Would buy some and have those long wooden cartons with them in to eat with a stick.

I'm pregnant and this has just set off a mad craving!!

StinkyCandle Thu 28-Feb-19 11:24:51

They smell like fart and they taste even worst. Can't stand them, or celery or baked beans proper list of disgusting food would take all day

I couldn't care less what other people eat though, it's a bit rude to ask if you eat to help constipation!

PinkOboe Thu 28-Feb-19 11:29:24

dates are also delicious. i'm no lover of healthy things but a nice juice mejool - mmmm mm mm

prunesprunesprunes Thu 28-Feb-19 11:30:31

@Butchy - shock Why is there no Kenneth Williams smiley?

@userschm - I'm no prune exclusive. Bought two bags of apricots just the other day. And some multicoloured raisin mixture

prunesprunesprunes Thu 28-Feb-19 11:34:44

Oh god, dates... I haven't had dates in yonks!

This is very exciting, and suddenly I feel validated in arseing around angrily on Mumsnet, because you have reminded me about dates (which are surely on the shelf right next to prunes).

Next week: AIBU to be utterly hacked off with people incessantly stopping by my desk to make hilarious date-related pun jokes?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »