Talk

Advanced search

To still have this nothing me 20 years later (trigger warning)

(4 Posts)
ThatssomebadhatHarry Thu 28-Feb-19 09:25:19

Omg this is not ridiculous. Do you have the kind of relationship with the mother of these children to quietly mention it? I couldn’t leave children in potential danger, no matter what the fallout.

I’m sorry this happened to you.

flumpybear Thu 28-Feb-19 09:22:36

That's a bit weird and very inappropriate - if it's a one off and you've not had or heard of any further behaviour it may have been one of those things that happens and after you think 'inappropriate' but it's too late - but I agree it would stick with me too and I'd feel a bit hmm around him

nc2019 Thu 28-Feb-19 09:18:08

*bothering me not NOTHING me!!!!!

nc2019 Thu 28-Feb-19 09:17:42

NC for this ad I really don't want to be identified. i know I am most probably being U but this is still really bothering me.

My uncle (by marriage on my mums side) has always been a bit odd. Comes out with sexist comments, wears mirrored sunglasses, says inappropriate things.

We were once on holiday at the seaside with my parents and uncle and auntie cake to visit for the day with their kids. I hadn't realised I had a hole in my trousers right under the zip and right over my private parts. Uncle pointed out the hole and put his finger in it to demonstrate and touched me inappropriately. Everyone seemed to laugh it off and it was never mentioned again. However it's become one of my most overriding memories of childhood.

Uncle now has 2 granddaughters and it keeps preying on my mind what if he is inappropriate with them?

I know it seems like such a ridiculous little thing but it mortified me at the time. Am I being completely unreasonable worrying about this or do you think there is cause for concern. And even if there was what would you do?? It seems stupid to bring this up after 20 years when it was a silly one off incident???

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »