Talk

Advanced search

To ask what this looks like to you (pic)

(13 Posts)
StarlaP Thu 28-Feb-19 07:28:41

My DD 20 months has woken up this morning with these odd red marks all over her legs and bum. Top half of her body is fine. She seems happy enough in herself, it’s raised and doesn’t seem to be itchy or bothering her in any way? The marks do go when pressed.

Only asking as Docs not open for another hour and I’m having a bit of a moment about it.

StarlaP Thu 28-Feb-19 07:29:14

Another one has just appeared on her shoulder.

movesyouveneverseen Thu 28-Feb-19 07:33:07

I’m in no way medically trained but my DD had something very similar probably a year ago now. We saw several doctors (and A&E as it worsened quickly) over the course of a couple of days, eventually it turned out she had a virus, no other real symptoms from it though.

Definitely try and see your doctor today though as it could be something entirely different.

StepAwayFromGoogle Thu 28-Feb-19 07:40:54

www.nhs.uk/conditions/rashes-babies-and-children/
From the list above it looks most like a heat rash. Have you checked if it disappears under a glass OP? If not, 999. And does she have a temperature? I'd get straight to the docs this morning just to get her checked over either way.

FloatingthroughSpace Thu 28-Feb-19 07:43:28

It's hives, or urticaria. In toddlers these often appear as an immune system over reaction to an inconsequential virus. In my kids they all had them around this age, it lasted a few days up to a couple of weeks, looked alarming but didn't bother them at all.

FloatingthroughSpace Thu 28-Feb-19 07:45:37

Read "acute hives" section; 80 percent of hives in children occur after a virus.
www.uptodate.com/contents/hives-urticaria-beyond-the-basics#H1

StarlaP Thu 28-Feb-19 07:47:59

Thanks guys. The doctors actuallyopens at 8 so we are on the way there now. She has been ill on Friday and again Monday with a sickness thing so maybe it’s connected. Will let you know what doc says when we get back x

Phillipa12 Thu 28-Feb-19 07:51:09

Another one suggesting hives here. My dc3 used to come up in a hives rash that was not raised or itchy whenever he was just getting over an illness, scared the living daylights out of me the first time he had it.

StarlaP Thu 28-Feb-19 07:51:52

My initial post should say they’re NOT raised.

Areyoufree Thu 28-Feb-19 08:08:10

Fifth disease (slapped cheek)? When my daughter had this, the rash appeared every time she got warm -i.e. after a bath. Hung around for a couple of weeks.

StarlaP Thu 28-Feb-19 08:09:57

We’ve got to come back at 10 for an appt. The line outside waiting for it to open was insane!

Notso Thu 28-Feb-19 08:24:52

It looks like hives to me. DS2 is a rashy child, he used to get similar if he'd had a raised temperature for some reason but also has a food allergy so gets hives also due to that.

StarlaP Thu 28-Feb-19 11:11:53

Well typically when we got to see the Dr. the masked had faded. She checked DD over, throat, ears, chest & temp and thinks DD is coming down with a virus and we just need to wait and see really. Thanks everyone x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »