Talk

Advanced search

To not bathe my kids before bed?

(60 Posts)
Chocwocdoodah Wed 27-Feb-19 23:43:40

I shower my DCs in the morning as it’s quick and means they’re clean for the day. But a friend pointed out its better to give kids a bath at bedtime otherwise they’re getting in bed with all the grime of the day still on them.

What do you do - morning or bedtime?

naysayer Fri 01-Mar-19 00:10:46

I'm with peskypooches and skinnypete and thank god you spoke, was beginning to think DD10 was the only child to have only 2-4 baths a week. And it has to be baths, we have no shower. And it's a complete pain as her hair is as thick as an Afghan goat's, and waist length. And with no shower, a morning bath is out of the question. Unless they are rolling around in mud every day is it really necessary to waste water that much? Surely teaching them to top and tail with a cloth is enough.

happymummy12345 Fri 01-Mar-19 00:31:27

Usually evening, but I have done mornings occasionally.

stayathomer Fri 01-Mar-19 00:38:37

We do showers 2 or 3 times a week ( or obviously as needed!). I've always wondered if it was just a mn thing to bath nightly over baby/ toddler age, I've asked and most people I know do three times a week?

Vehivle Fri 01-Mar-19 01:38:13

We bath our 2 year old at night. Maybe 2-3 a week. Certainly not everyday. We do nights as it helps him to wind down and it's a good time waster in that weird evening time between dinner and bedtime. Limits him getting bored and then cranky by having him play in the bath for a bit before the bed time routine.

NC4Now Fri 01-Mar-19 01:46:45

No, if they have a bath at night just teeth in the morning and wash hands after the loo. They are getting older now, so rethink needed but that was the child routine.

zizza Sat 02-Mar-19 07:24:34

Those who want to bath/shower in the morning.... Why so sweaty overnight? Do you have the heating on? I shower (myself) in the morning if I need to wash my hair, or before bed if no hair wash needed for the next day (or I've been to the gym).

TickettyBoo Sat 02-Mar-19 08:03:52

"My 4 year old has clean pjs every evening and clean bedding twice a week"

Allergy to dirt/oxygen?? I get that it's each to their own but seriously!

rejected2012 Sat 02-Mar-19 08:41:32

I shower mine every morning and night and change his sheets every week

Nothinglefttochoose Sat 02-Mar-19 08:47:40

Don’t have a bath so kids shower every second day

bluechameleon Sat 02-Mar-19 09:19:22

Mine get baths twice a week, usually during the afternoon. When DS1 had bad eczema the dermatologist advised us not to bathe him to often and we've just stuck with the routine now he has largely grown out of the eczema.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »