Talk

Advanced search

DO NOT FLY NORWEGIAN AIRLINES!

(183 Posts)
arnotm Wed 27-Feb-19 14:40:29

I flew with Norwegian Airlines a few months ago, a night from New York to London. During the day of the flight I received a text message saying my flight was delayed 4 hours from 11pm till 3am, and to ring to reschedule. I rang within minutes, and was told the only available flight would be 3am 24 hours later. Laughable. Then at the airport there we were delayed AGAIN so we didn't set off until gone 5am. I understand that delays and cancellations are common with Norwegian airlines. I followed up with them months ago but did not even receive a response from them. Yes they may be cheaper than other airlines, but you're likely to regret that choice.

FrazzyAndFrumpled Wed 27-Feb-19 14:45:45

hmm one bad experience so no one should fly with them ever? YABU.

DoctorDread Wed 27-Feb-19 14:46:39

I love Norwegian airlines. I've flown with them loads!

Doodlebug5 Wed 27-Feb-19 14:48:06

I've had bad experiences on most airlines it doesn't mean I won't fly with them again. I had a bad experience in Tescos and it doesn't mean I won't shop there anymore.

I'd rather a plane take off late, because for example of a mechanical failure, than the airline think fuck it we will take off and see if we get there??? It's not great no but you should be able to claim compensation for the late delay.

Tomtontom Wed 27-Feb-19 14:48:18

All airlines have delays. As Norwegian have a limited timetable on that route it follows that the next available flight might be some time away, although a day is not bad.

What was the reason for delay? Are you eligible for compensation?

floppyflappy Wed 27-Feb-19 14:48:23

eh?? could you not have just got the 3am flight?

floppyflappy Wed 27-Feb-19 14:49:33

delays are part of air travel, I think you need to unclench.

buzzbobbly Wed 27-Feb-19 14:50:03

I once sued an airline (small claims) for various reasons. I still fly them.

What were the actual reasons for the delay? You do know it costs airlines tens/hundreds of thousands of pounds to delay and cancel. Aircraft make no money sitting on the ground, so it's not like they did it just to mess with you.

JasperKarat Wed 27-Feb-19 14:50:27

I've flown with them loads, great, more spacious than other budget airlines and often have inflight entertainment and WiFi for short haul which is rare

LaurieMarlow Wed 27-Feb-19 14:51:07

Wtf?

If everyone abandoned an airline over one person having a similar experience to yours, there’d be no airlines left.

BarbarianMum Wed 27-Feb-19 14:53:02

Yep. I've suffered delays w BA and Ryan Air so people should knock them off the list too. Oh and I once had to sit at Heathrow Airport for 2 days because Spanish air controllers were on strike so everyone should boycott Spain too. hmm

baileys6904 Wed 27-Feb-19 14:53:54

This happened months ago, and you're only now just angry with them?

Or is it more the case they haven't given in to a monetary demand and you've told them you'll ruin them on the internet?

Either way YABU

areyoubeingserviced Wed 27-Feb-19 14:55:21

I flew with them a few weeks ago . Our flight was delayed by two hours and we were actually in the plane.
However, on the way back from New York our flight actually left twenty minutes earlier.
For a budget airline they are ok in my opinion

LaurieMarlow Wed 27-Feb-19 14:57:03

It’ll take more than a pissy post on MN to ruin them on the internet OP.

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 27-Feb-19 14:58:03

I really like them. All airlines have delays, it happens. Chill your beans.

justonemoreminutepls Wed 27-Feb-19 14:58:46

I flew with them Return to New York from London recently and was thoroughly impressed with my experience, especially given the price.

Chances are, they weren't the only airline delayed that day!!

AbsentmindedWoman Wed 27-Feb-19 15:00:09

I love Norwegian! They run the Dreamliner to NYC and LA, it's my favourite type of plane for transatlantic.

MerdedeBrexit Wed 27-Feb-19 15:01:00

I thought this would be about them going bust. Rumour has had it for a while that they are going under, I read that they are trying to get a rescue package together but I don't know if it's sorted or not. Or even if it's true.

babysharkah Wed 27-Feb-19 15:01:01

Flown loads with them both to Us and Europe. Never had any problems. All airlines have delays and cancellations at some point.

sonjadog Wed 27-Feb-19 15:01:53

I fly Norwegian several times a month. I think they are pretty great for a budget airline. I would recommend them to anyone. Plane delays and cancellations can happen to any airline. It is just one of the hazards of air travel.

AGHHHH Wed 27-Feb-19 15:01:55

That's us told!

You can have a bad experience whether it be a £20 flight or £1000 flight.

StormTreader Wed 27-Feb-19 15:02:19

Based on this thread, I'm more likely to fly with them now - people seem to love them! grin

QuietContraryMary Wed 27-Feb-19 15:02:51

a few months ago? lol

KarineAimee Wed 27-Feb-19 15:02:54

Have flown to Berlin with them a couple of times now, no probs. I don’t think any airline is perfect, but I understand it must’ve been annoying that your plans were disrupted.

MargoLovebutter Wed 27-Feb-19 15:03:35

I've flown with them a number of times and had no problems.

Air travel can suck really badly, so I have travel insurance that covers delays like that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: