Talk

Advanced search

To be concerned about brother?

(3 Posts)
PinkGlitter123 Wed 27-Feb-19 12:11:05

He is in his early fifties and his wife of 15 years cheated on him last year. They went to therapy but she finally decided in July that she didn't want to be with him. He was distraught and I was seriously concerned for his health. This came very much out of the blue for him, he didnt realise how unhappy she was and as far as he was concerned, they had a happy marriage. He was crying regularly and in a really bad way.
A few weeks on since they split officially, he went to an event and met a woman there. He said it was pure attraction on both sides and she felt the same. They got intense very quickly, she sends him many cards and gifts, they have been on hotel trips/mini breaks and he says he has never been happier and she feels the same. She has also been introduced to my brother's 3 kids and brother says she will make an amazing stepmum as she is so kind and caring.

I am pleased he is happy again but also concerned this is moving too fast. In the space of 6 months the kids have been told of their parents separating and been introduced to new partners (His ex has stayed with her affair partner.)

Thoughts? Am I just being over protective? As a family we have been here twice before when he separated from previous partners but he really does feel this is the one.

janetforpresident Wed 27-Feb-19 12:26:45

Some people just can't cope single and need to always be with someone. If he is happy then there's no need to worry about him. Your nephews/nieces are the victims but there really isn't anything you can do other than being a stable influence for them.

PinkGlitter123 Wed 27-Feb-19 13:02:27

Thanks. He is pretty sure this is 'The one' But I worry what it will do to his mental health if it all ends even though he is sure it won't. Not to mention the impact it will have on the kids. I know all I can do is be there as a stable influence for them though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: