Talk

Advanced search

Restless legs and sex

(4 Posts)
ToeDust Wed 27-Feb-19 00:28:32

Not an aibu but would like to know if this is any way normal and know AIBU gets a lot of traffic.

When I have sex I usually end up with really irritating legs - not sure if it is actually like restless leg syndrome, but it's like pain in my knees and a sort of tingling heavy feeling in my legs, and I have to keep moving them as it's as if the feeling just builds up and gets more intense until i move them. And repeat. It's been going on for over an hour now and I don't know how to make it go away.

Also can get the same sort of feeling in my coccyx area.

Anyone else ever get this/have any tips to make it go away?

I googled before posting and all I came across was sex/orgasm can help reduce restless leg syndrome symptoms...

ColeHawlins Wed 27-Feb-19 00:42:08

Magnesium (spray, cream, bath or tablets) is very good for restless legs generally. Mine feels like the muscles are trying to crawl up themselves. I'm not sure whether that matches your description or whether your position/partner is simply cutting off the blood supply to your legs smile

OunceOfFlounce Wed 27-Feb-19 00:53:14

Iron deficiency is a common cause. For immediate relief though, you could try a hot shower. I don't know if that will work for you but fingers crossed!

ToeDust Wed 27-Feb-19 09:08:42

Thank you both for your suggestions. I ended up going downstairs for a cup of tea and the hot water bottle, which seemed to help, and I fell asleep on the sofa.

I have recently started taking magnesium tablets so hopefully that will help. Although by your description its maybe not that.

Also don't think it's an iron deficiency, I have regular blood tests which I think this would show up on, although there is a possibility, so will ask my doctor.

Thanks for your suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »