Talk

Advanced search

To bring this up with my BF?

(4 Posts)
PrincessPlummy Tue 26-Feb-19 20:55:58

I've been with my BF for just over a year and things are generally really good. We are very much in love and he enriches my life greatly. However we've had issues in the past we me feeling a bit disconnected from him. He's quite disorganised so would sometimes cancel last minute, also we agreed to see each other about 3 times a week and it often ended up being less because of scheduling issues (usually down to him - I try and be organised and ensure I make time for him).

A couple of weeks in the past month we've only ended up seeing each other twice over the week. He's a student who's only at uni 3 days a week, and the times when he's occupied are mostly gaming with other friends online. AIBU to bring up that this hurts my feelings, and that I think he should make an effort to make enough time to see me 3 times in a week? It wouldn't bother me if he was really busy with work, or if he was seeing friends (then I could come sometimes too!) But it makes me feel a bit unloved

flimbo1212 Tue 26-Feb-19 21:00:30

It depends on you Princessplummy, if it doesnt suit you, then yes you should say something

Some of us might feel different, but its about your relationship - and whether its right for you

For me, when i met my now husband, we only spent weekends together. This went on for four years, and we were both very happy with that arrangement, but its not for everyone

PrincessPlummy Tue 26-Feb-19 21:57:49

I think I will say something, but not as a criticism of him, just as an expression of how I feel

flimbo1212 Tue 26-Feb-19 22:09:44

I think you should Princess - it is clearly bothering you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »