Talk

Advanced search

To think what fresh hell is this?!

(279 Posts)
Happyinheels Tue 26-Feb-19 20:49:35

Exactly that!!

What fresh hell is this?!!

43 years old... noticed a hair on my chin. Yep. A HAIR on my chin. BTW I'm female. For clarity. I feel that's an important piece of information. Anyway, back to the hair. It wasn't just a little hair. It was jet black and stuck out at an angle - like it was stood on end. I mean - how long has said hair been there?! And why the hell has no one told me?!!! Have people been doing that thing when talking to me where they're trying desperately to maintain eye contact whilst thinking all the while 'don't look at the chin, must not look at the chin.'

Upon said discovery I grabbed my tweezers. I say grabbed but to be honest I weep when trying to pluck my eyebrows so I couldn't lay my hands upon said tweezers straight away since I hid them and vowed to never inflict such pain on myself ever again. Anyway, I digress. Had to stand very close to the mirror because at this point I realised that my eyesight is just not quite what it used to be and focusing on said hair just wasn't quite that easy. It took forever to find the little bugger again and when I did I couldn't quite grab it and as such my chin now looks like it's been attacked by a small animal.

Not satisfied with the discovery of said hair, as I was stood in the bathroom, practically nose to mirror I was a little taken aback at the line of fuzz on my top lip! Again, I ask you all dear people, what fresh hell is this?!!! Knowing that my DD has Veet wax strips (others are presumably available?!!) in her shit tip bedroom I decided I was on a roll and that I'd tackle said fuzz. Fuck me. Dear God. I read the instructions and held the strip in my hand to warm it. The first strip I put on I pressed down firmly. And then?...

Then I was too scared to pull it off. I counted to 3. Then I counted to 3 again. Then I counted to 10. Again I ask you, what fresh hell is this?????? Plucking eyebrows has nowt on this!! Weeping??? Rolling round on the bathroom floor! However... I'd only done one side. There was no one home to dtd and it fell to me to finish what I'd started.

Needless to say that whilst my chin looks like I've been attacked by a small animal , fuck me my top lip has been annihilated!!!!

I ask again dear friends, what fresh hell is this getting older?!!!

How long till the bleeding stops and the red swelling goes down?? I look like I've had lip fillers that have gone wrong!

NameyMcNameChange1 Tue 26-Feb-19 20:58:40

I have had a white whisker that grows out of my cheek since I was 21. It doesn’t seem to be made of the same material the rest of my hair is - it’s like a pube but thicker and dead straight. It’s also never ending, I pluck it and within 48hours it’s poking its little white tip out of my cheek again.

I’ve actually grown quite fond of it and if it isn’t there ready for its weekly plucking I’m slightly disappointed.

NoNeedToArgue Tue 26-Feb-19 20:58:42

Regrowth

Hidethecrisps Tue 26-Feb-19 20:59:17

Ha! As I read this I currently have hair remover cream plastered over my upper lip and chin. Standard monthly ritual for years now, oh and I’m 38.

Happyinheels Tue 26-Feb-19 20:59:20

@flimbo1212 STUBBLE????? No. Just no. No?

MitziK Tue 26-Feb-19 20:59:31

Pay a nice lady a fiver or so to do the waxing for you. It'll be quicker/less painful and you'll just look slightly flushed scarlet from neck to eyebrows for twenty minutes afterwards, rather than for days.

It also means you'll see people younger than you getting considerably more coarse, thick hair being removed, so you don't feel quite so weird about it.

LuckyAmy1986 Tue 26-Feb-19 20:59:33

Yes it will go down. Do you have any vitamin e cream
Or similar?

cushioncovers Tue 26-Feb-19 20:59:40

Get a 10x magnifying mirror and your tweezers. Have fun.

Amfeelingfline Tue 26-Feb-19 20:59:49

😂😂😂 this made me laugh!!! I have one very stubborn dark chin hair, it’s been there since my late teens early twenties, but have had to tweeze out my “tash” and monobrow since even before that, i’m Glad for the thick eyebrow fashion, as I gave up on mine years ago...

Livelovebehappy Tue 26-Feb-19 20:59:53

Pretty sure I’m probably being very weird here, but I actually like plucking my two resident chin hairs with tweezers. I get quite excited when I spot regrowth!

Gazelda Tue 26-Feb-19 21:00:36

I've got one on my jawline that's grown so long in the last 10 mins that I'm sitting here idly twiddling it!

Happyinheels Tue 26-Feb-19 21:00:57

@LuckyAmy1986 hmm no... I've gone for ice!!

JE87 Tue 26-Feb-19 21:00:59

I'm 31 and I've been plucking them for years!

Happyinheels Tue 26-Feb-19 21:01:22

@cushioncovers yes that's a great idea!

LuckyAmy1986 Tue 26-Feb-19 21:03:11

Honestly just grab any moisturiser you have and slather it on, it’ll be find

Alsohuman Tue 26-Feb-19 21:03:28

Ever noticed women in meetings/on the train, etc stroking their chins? That's how you find the buggers without your reading glasses or a mirror.

LuckyAmy1986 Tue 26-Feb-19 21:03:30

Fine!

Happyinheels Tue 26-Feb-19 21:04:09

@Alsohuman proper belly laughed at that!

Pinkginxx Tue 26-Feb-19 21:04:18

I see your chin hair and raise you a nipple hair which randomly started appearing in my mid 30’s..... it goes from zero to 10 inches in an hour... shock

mimibunz Tue 26-Feb-19 21:04:57

You will never discover more chin hairs than when you whip out a mirror on the 11:07 GWR out of Oxford without a pair of tweezers in sight.

origamiunicorn Tue 26-Feb-19 21:05:00

I'm in my 30s and often have a stiff little white one growing out my chin. Thing is, it sneaks up on me 🤣 I never catch it a mm long, by the time I notice it it's a bloody cm long.

origamiunicorn Tue 26-Feb-19 21:05:29

Ok, maybe half a cm, just realised a cm is pretty long 🤣

Happyinheels Tue 26-Feb-19 21:05:44

@Pinkginxx nipple hair??? quickly whips baps out

gettingbacktoresearch Tue 26-Feb-19 21:07:53

It’s when you go to sleep with nothing there and wake up to 5 hiding under your chin!!!! Eeeek shock

Hedgehogblues Tue 26-Feb-19 21:08:37

Eh, I have PCOS. Been hairy since my teens. I shave my face every other day

chatwoo Tue 26-Feb-19 21:09:18

Come back when you find white eyebrow hairs grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »